• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashbuilder and debugging nativedragevent

Participant ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an application set up to listen for nativedragevents.When I build the application to .air, all works well.

However, the drag events are not dispatched from within Flashbuilder.

If I try to debug the application, dragging from my desktop to the application screen is ignored. I can understand why: it's not running as an air application but inside Flashbuilder.

What is a way to do some debugging on the nativedragevent? I don't want to build->update->run my app every time I change something.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You should be able debug native drag events fine from Flash Builder. (I just tried it, it works)

However, you should be in a Flex Desktop project (AIR project) for this debugging to work.

What exactly do you mean by "inside Flash Builder"?

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you for your answer (and for trying it out for me)

I think I have got my project configured wrong, because when I drag something from my desktop over the application (in debug mode) nothing happens, the curser just turns in one of the "not allowed / not accepting drags" icons from windows.

However, I cannot find where to tell Flashbuilder that this is an AIR application.

Any sugestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On NativeDragEvent.NATIVE_DRAG_ENTER, you have to call DragDropManager.acceptDragDrop(), then you'll get the accepted icon.

For a complete example, see: http://www.mikechambers.com/blog/2007/11/07/air-example-native-drag-and-drop/

When you create a new Flex project, choose desktop in the first page of the wizard.

You can also right click a flex project, choose add/change project type and pick "Convert to Flex desktop project"

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed Flash Builder and re-installed it.

I also updated to Flex SDK 4.1

Everyting works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another small addition to those who come google ing in here:

It appears that using Flash Builder under the "administrator" user account prevents nativedrag events from dispatching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really strange - I don't think admin permissions should interfere with this.

Is this consistently reproducible for you? Running in admin mode doesn't fire nativedragevent and running in normal mode does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is consistant, try it (right-click your flashbuilder shortcut, advanced, run as administrator) I filed a bug report on this already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post the bug ID here?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-28439

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2011 May 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

holly crap you saved my day

thank you for bringing that up!

btw, i'm on flex 4.5 and issue is till there ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines