Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editting PPT leads to shrunken slides - not a Flash Problem

Oct 15, 2010 Oct 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days ago I started using Captivate on a different computer and now when edit the Power Point for my existing projects (within Captivate) and it finishes processing, the slides are all reduced (almost half the size - there is a 1 inch border all around). 

After searching this forum I tried the Flash solution it did not help.  Two things that may be different in my situation are:

- When you Publish the project, the slides are still reduced

- When I create a new project this problem doesn't happen - it's just with existing projects (and I believe only two existing projects - I haven't worked with this very long so I don't have a lot of projects to try - but there is one existing project that seems to work fine). 

- I am getting a message saying "Captivate has not been updated with the latest presentation file.  Update the file and try again.  Do you want to update now?"  I select Yes, it processes and then it takes me into the Power Point editting mode.  It's when I finish the editting and it loads and converts the Power Point that the problem happens. 

I am using Captivate 4 and storing files on a network.

Hope someone can shed some light on this... Otherwise I guess I can consider the files corrupt and start from scratch.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2010 Oct 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to our community

If you are concerned that your project may be corrupt, the first step would be to move the files *OFF* the network so that when you make edits you are making edits to a file on your local C drive only.

We have seen many cases where problems ensue by working on projects while they are stored in a network location.

Note that the network is fine for storing copies of the project as a backup mechanism. You just don't want to open Captivate, then navigate to a project while it is on the network and make edits that way.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources