• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML-RPC *confused*

May 29, 2006 May 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Sorry to really bothing the community here with my 'ahm - i have no clue' questions. I just started a new job that involves a lot of technology issues I haven't worked with before. So, I'd appreciate some help.

Currently, the marketing department of my company is evaluating an email marketing tool. My department has to evaluate if an implementation of their API into our website (so that the marketing department can work from one site only) is working well. And that's my job to do. I've never worked with webservices and such before. So I did some reading. The way I understand it is that I can call the API through XML-RPC. But I'm a bit stuck now. Per example, I found the following CFC:

http://support.journurl.com/users/admin/index.cfm?mode=article&entry=362

If I understand this right, this parses CFML to XML-RPC and vice-versa. But how would I call the host of the API and methods of the API.

A co-worker briefly mentioned, that it should be easy to call that API and its methods through a webservice. However, that confused me even more, as all webservies I can find (i.e. on www.xmethods.com) seem to be very specific and not generic, so that I could call any API out there. Does such a generic webservice exist? Would this be secure? (You see. I'm definitely confused here.)

Sorry, if this is absolutely stupid. I'm trying to hang in there - but it's a small step for you but a big leap for me.

Thank you for any help, tips, links, tutorials, etc.
Adrian
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 13, 2006 Jun 13, 2006
Ok, I have made it work. The documentation is somewhat, hm, sparse. If anybody needs help with this otherwise good cfs - give me a PM.

Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 29, 2006 May 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 31, 2006 May 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, they don't provide a webservice to use the API. That would be too nice. They just recommend XML-RPC to call their methods. Confuses the hell out of me. Like I said, I found this:

http://support.journurl.com/users/admin/index.cfm?mode=article&entry=362

and was wondering if anybody has ever used this CFC and could give me a few tips (and/or examples).

Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2006 Jun 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok, I have made it work. The documentation is somewhat, hm, sparse. If anybody needs help with this otherwise good cfs - give me a PM.

Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation