Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making my table of contents link to the page within the ebook

Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a  40+ word document that I converted to pdf format, but lost the document internal links that was set up with the table of contents in Word.  Can someone please help me figure out how to make the table of contents have the internal links again?  I need this asap!!!!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Acrobat Standard or Professional installed Adobe PDFMaker is available.
Use it to convert the Word file to PDF.
As there are specific "bands of compatibility" vis-a-vis an Office release and an Acrobat release you do want to ensure that the version of Acrobat used is compatible with the version of Office installed.

Properly configured (via the settings under the different tabs in the dialog) , Adobe PDFMaker will convert the Word file to a Tagged output PDF with the active links.
Tagged output PDF is needed for PDF ebooks that are to be used on eReaders as this facility is what supports reflow (needed for the smaller screen size, eh).
Oh yes, smaller, appropriate page size helps too (but I'd guess you've got that already).

Regarding Acrobat (PDFMaker) compatibility ... See:

TechNote ID 333504 –
Acrobat PDF-capable web browsers and PDFMaker-compatible applications (Acrobat 6.x - 9.x on Windows and Mac OS)
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333504.html

Joel Geraci's blog article –
Version Compatibility of Acrobat PDFMakers
http://blogs.adobe.com/pdfitmatters/2008/12/version_compatibility_of_acrob.html

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the Word-Version / Acrobat-Version matchup, Acrobat (9 Pro Extended) cannot bring links, internal to the document, into a PDF file if the document is set up with more than one page per sheet (Word 2003).  If you try, you will get an error message telling you that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines