Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ranking search results in WebHelp?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2006 May 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Is the any way I can get RoboHelp to automatically rank search results for relevance in a WebHelp project? HTML Help does it automatically and JavaHelp also does it, but I haven't had any luck doing it in WebHelp. Currently, WebHelp results seem to organized alphabetically, which is pretty useless, unless end users don't minding clicking on each result - not likely.

I'm sure if there's a solution it probably involves a JavaScript. Though I'd like to avoid using a script, I'd also like to know if it's possible and how to do it.

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 31, 2006 May 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim -

You've probably gathered that there is no button or option to provide a ranked search result. It is possible to construct your own from Javascript - the 'how to' involves a lot of custom scripting, but it's been done.

Perhaps easier would be to use a third-party search tool. There are some commercial ones, as well as some open-license routines that you can incorporate into your help project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2006 May 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Take a look at the search page on my site. There's a link to the one I use which was simple enough to set up. It's inexpensive, can rank results, can highlight the term in the results and in the page accessed, all are options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp