• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarking no longer working after upgrading Presenter

New Here ,
May 30, 2006 May 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my Breeze Presenter to version 5.1.269 to fix a few bugs that had propped up in when we upgraded PowerPoint to the 2003 version. Well I fixed mouse timing problems but I now have a problem with bookmarking in my LMS. I publish all my Breeze pieces on Docent 6.5 and I have never had a problem with bookmarks, but now every PowerPoint I publish always resumes from the initial frame. this is a huge problem for me because many of my Breeze courses are well over 50 frames.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 30, 2006 May 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We had this problem, too. As you know, Breeze allows you to offer presentations online in two forms: as a "course" (one item, max), and as a "curriculum" (multiple items). Breeze doesn't have any trouble remembering where the student left off when the presentation is in a course, but it apparently can't keep track of it when in a curriculum.

The solution was simple: Make all the Breeze presentations into courses, then add those courses to the curriculum, instead of adding the presentation directly. The student will never know the difference and, as an added benefit, you can get cumulative data reports by looking at the course (if your presentation is part of more than one curriculum - especially useful for cumulative "who's completed it" lists).

Now, if they'd only let us add curriculums to curriculums....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2006 May 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my problem is with how the Breeze course intergrates with my Docent LMS. I do not run a Breeze server. The frustrating thing is that everything worked fine with the old version of Presenter intergration wise, but we lost some functionality inside the course. With the new version not bookmarking its basically a game-breaker. We only use Breeze becuase our sales guy told us it is compatible with any SCORM compliant LMS.

I just purchased 15 copies of Presenter at well over 1000 dollars a pop on top of the copies I already own. I hope Macromedia support can help me or I will have to find another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think many tech support people from Macromedia actually read this forum - I've posted several bugs & workarounds, all without comment from MM. If you wait a week or two, they disappear off the bottom of the forum's message quene, so they're ultimately losing a valuable resource. They should at least start a FAQ thread, as some questions (like how to programmatically control the Breeze presentation) come up a lot.

Sorry, I don't know anything about how your LMS works, but you could build a simple flash module which extracts slide data, if you know how your LMS tracks bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in the Quiz Manager, on the Reporting tab, Advanced Settings. Perhaps you have the Never Send Resume Data option checked. That will stop bookmarking. Uncheck it.

Hope that does it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well it seems that this problem is a known bug (160183), though I had never heard about it or read any documentation that addresses it. According to support Breeze is only setting a bookmark on every 10 interactions. This bug is supposed to be addressed in the next build of presenter. Not good news for me as I have many users publishing content on my LMS with Breeze presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources