• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find and Replace not updating HTML Code

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Robohelp 8 “Find and Replace in Files” tool and have run across a weird issue.

I am currently adding Alt and Title tags to all the images in all of the help files. For the images where I have multiple uses throughout multiple files, I attempted to do a find for the image name and then a replace with the image name including the alt and title tag information.

For example I search for:

scr=”image.gif”

And replace that with

scr=”image.gif” alt=”image desc” title=”image title”

After I do the find and replace, for some reason the files are not updated, but if I search for the same text, the files will be updated within the search window.

See images below for the examples:

Find and Replace Code:
http://img686.imageshack.us/i/fandrcode.gif/

Help File Code:

http://img214.imageshack.us/i/htmlcode.gif/

Sometimes if I have the files open, the code will update, but most of the time the Help file html code wont update at all.

Is there any information concerning this issue, or if this is a known issue are there any work arounds. I have tried searching but unable to find anything on this specific issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the RH Find/Replace doesn't work across lines. FAR or BKReplaceEm do.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the quick response.

Is there any way to get robohelp to update to the code that is in the HTML files?

Basically the source code shows the changes (and I did alot of find and replace changes already) but robohelp is showing the older code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the folder where you're generating, then generate again.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment I am not generating any files, I am jsut openign the project and looking at the individual help pages. The find nd replace windows shows the changes but the help files still show the old code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. By "individual help pages," do you mean the source files in the open RoboHelp project?
  2. And by "the help files" do you mean the output help files that have been sitting there, gathering dust?

If the answer to both is Yes, how do you expect to get from #1 to #2 by "not generating any files"?

If the answer to one or both is No, please explain further.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologize.

By help files I am refering to the  files that I am editing/changin/updating after I open the project (the  topics). Not the published files of the project.

I do a find and  replace on an image name and the code in the find and replace window shows  more code then if I where to open the topic and view the html code  manually.

I think closing everything out and then  reopenign the project file resolved the issue. But I am unable to verify  that at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that code!

Yes, it provides you with enough code to allow you to verify whether you truly want to change each of the instances that the utility finds. It's there as reference material, only.

Glad you've got it working.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I think its working.

It werid that the F&R code show more code (normally extra code I added in via find and repalce), and does not show that same code in the HTML code.

Closing and reopening the project directly seems to help.

Short text length F&Rs are working fine, its mostly the longe line with multiple tags that need updating, but that is probally because of the line issue you mentioned earlier.

I wish I could use FAR but I cannot ont he system that the project files are on and I cannot transfer them off either

Oh well, one topic at a time then I guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp