Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit PowerPoint from within Captivate 5

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've imported PowerPoint slides into Captivate 5, and when I click "Edit PowerPoint (Presentation or Slide", Captivate freezes on the "Creating Temp File" window.  It never moves past 0%.  I've attached a screenshot.  I've tried multiple times to edit the PPT, but cannot get it to link back to the file.  Any suggestions?  I'm on a tight deadline.

Thank you!

JenCaptivate freezes on Creating Temp File.png

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenvetter,

Would it possible for you to Share the .ppt file with me, so that we can investigate the issue on our end; please mail it to nsukumar@adobe.com

Please provide the following additional information along with the .ppt File.

Is it happening on MAC or in Windows? Which version of power point is installed on the machine?  The '.ppt' is created out of which version of PowerPoint?

-nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nsukumar,

Unfortunately, I cannot share the PPT file as it contains sensitive information.  This is happening in WIndows Vista, PPT 07 (saved in Compatibility Mode 97-03), and working in Captivate 5.  I'm not sure if this is helpful?

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

Thanks for providing Information. The Issue is happening only for a specific 'ppt' file or its happening for other files also? Would it possible for you to put some dummy information/Slides in place of sensitive information and share the '.ppt' file; it will help us more in investigating the Issue.

-nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

Did presenter is installed on Your Machine?.. Can you please try editing the PTT file after Launching PowerPoint?

-Nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, I think it has something to do with the file size or the number of slides. I cut up my 53 slides into 3 indivual .ppt files and got my issue resolved that way. I also noticed that Captivate 5 doees not like slides that have on mouse click animations in them, I would suggest changing them to a timed option.

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I got them all in but the last 11 sides out of the 53.

I changed out mouse click animations timed animationson mouse click.PNG

I am gonna convert these to .png sequences from powerpoint now and import.

Captivate should change its name to Frustrate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dana,

Is it possible for you to share the .ppt file with us so that we can investigate the issue on our end...? Please send the file nsukumar@adoe.com

Thanks,

nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources