Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion web service and data types

Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing a web service using ColdFusion.  I would like to be able to recieve and return integers, however my only option is ColdFusion's, "numeric" type, which ends up begin a "xsd:double" in the wsdl.  It also converts an integer like "3" to "3.0".

I am using cfc's with <cfproperty's in them to define my complex types.

Is there any way to get more specific with the types in the wsdl created by a ColdFusion web service?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that CF by default maps type="numeric" in a CFC to a double as you've already figured out. There's nothing you can do about that fact afaik, you could try to produce your own wsdl file and bind it against your web service CFC by using the wsdlFile attribute.

Another path to investigate is using the java layer below CF, it offers tools like wsdl2java etc. Have a read of some of Tom Jordahl's blog posts, he pretty much built the web services engine into CF and he's involved with the Apache Axis project:

http://tjordahl.blogspot.com/2008/07/special-axis-types-and-coldfusion.html

http://tjordahl.blogspot.com/2008/07/for-some-reason-i-havent-actually-even.html

and more...

Cheers

Kai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation