Expand my Community achievements bar.

Paste images

Level 1

I am trying to create a PDF form that would allow the user to paste an image into a field.

8 Replies

Former Community Member

No can do ...pasting is not a supported way to assign an image to an image field.

Paul

Level 1

Is there another field that will accept and image?

Suzie

Former Community Member

Your options are an image field or an image object and neither one will support the pasting operation.

Paul

Former Community Member

Paul,

How about a button that allows the form user to select an image that is then displayed in a field on the form?  So, the form has space for the individual to enter text, then if desired, click the "Photo" button, and navigate to an image on their computer and select.  The image would then be displayed on the form which could be mailed or printed.

-Will

Former Community Member

Yes ...the image field object allows this type of behaviour. If you click on the object then a dialog comes up and allows the user to choose a file from the file system.

Paul

Former Community Member

Ok got it.  Works perfectly.  So how about a text or .pdf document?  I'm wanting to create a button that the user can select which will open a dialogue in which the user may select a document which will then append to the form and put the title of the document into a text box adjacent to the button.

Say the button displays, "Report" and a text field to the left of the button.  Select the button; select the document; document is attached and title goes in the text box.

Former Community Member

That is called adding an attachment and there are many forum discussions and samples floating around that show how to do that (just do a search on adding attachments in this forum).

Note that if you intend to use Reader that you will have to Reader Extend the form with LiveCycle Reader Extensions server (not Acrobat) to allow Reader to have this functionality.

Paul