• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 Issue

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 8 with Subversion.  When launching the compiled help file in IE 6 or 7, the help topic does not display in the panel on the right-hand side of the window, and IE stops responding when clicking on a link from the Table of Contents.  When launching a single help file in IE 6 or 7, IE stops responding.  Is this an issue with Subversion, or do IE settings need to be reset?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify - what version of RH8? What type of output are you creating? If it's WebHelp, are you looking at it on a web server or your own local drive? Does "When launching a single help file in IE 6 or 7, IE stops responding." refer to launch context sensitive help (CSH)? How are you calling it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp HTML to create WebHelp output.

I am viewing the help on a web server.

Yes, the help is context sensitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are publishing all the generated folders and files to the server, aren't you?

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am publishing all generated files to the web server.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, what p version of RH8 are you running?

Did it ever work or is this the first time trying it & it's busted?

Have you looked at the output files on your local c:\ drive? Does the WebHelp work then?

Have you tried different browsers from different machines? Have you checked your security settings in your browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH version 8.0.2.208

The webhelp works on my local drive, but has never worked on the web server.

I have only tried IE because I don't have access to other browsers from my work PC.

I have looked at my security settings in IE, but unfortunately I don't know what should be manipulated to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably need to add the website to your trusted sites.

How are you calling the CSH? Depending on the method, you may have to allow your browser to run JavaScript or other ActiveX controls. Did you not get any yellow security warning bar at the top of the browser asking you to run something for the site?

How about other people accessing the site - do they get any better results?

In your WebHelp SSL do you have Mark of the Web turned on or off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did turn on Mark of the Web to try to fix the issue, and it made no difference.

I did not get any error messages from IE.  IE just hangs while trying to open the files.  IE reacts the same for other users.

I was able to get a developer to test the help using Firefox, and the help works appropriately on Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's definitely the browser then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier in the thread it was stated the help works fine locally but not on the server. Is the problem on the server only when the help is accessed from the application? Maybe the call from there is not correct? That can be established by opening the help on the server direct rather than through the application.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would try using ieHTTPHeaders, if you can install it on your pc, to get more info about files fetched by IE.

Also I would check you are not accessing the webserver through a proxy or content filter/server antivirus which sometimes can cause such problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp