• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex 4 compilation is extremely slow

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2010 Oct 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a rather big flex project (~900 as files, ~50 mxml files).

The project includes 3 separate modules, and compiles into 1.2 M SWF.

We use 1 embedded font and a small number of embedded images.

Every compilation takes approximately 2 minutes.

Every compilation error appears in the Problems pane 4 times, which makes me think that the compilation is really done several times.

I tried to place the embedded font into a separate CSS/SWF, use ‘-incremental=true’ compiler option, and increase the Java memory limits – all this didn’t change the compilation time.

I use stand alone Flash Builder 4 with SDK 4.01 on Windows 7 machine with 2 CPU and 4G memory.

I’d be very thankful for any help to shorten the compilation time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One addition: as I mentioned, Flash Builder reports every error 4 times. We have 3 modules and the main application. If I remove a module from the project, the error is reported only 3 times. So I believe the project is recompiled once for every module, and because of this the compilation time is so long. Is there a way to optimize the compilation process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Move your shared code into a Library Project that is referenced by each module. Also, it sounds like you are referring to a full clean? If so, you can specify a specific project in the dialog box instead of the entire workspace. I would say that a commons lib is your best bet though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines