• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browse Sequences interrupted by popup.

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2008 Nov 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CHM Help I use Browse Sequences and "Display in auto-sizing popup" hyperlinks.
When the user calls a popup the Browse Sequence goes to the link target and does not return to the calling topic.
Has anybody else had this problem? and has anybody found a solution?

--- Derek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek.

I suspect that this is standard behaviour if the popup is part of the browse sequence. Does it need to be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum, thanks for the quick response.

I would prefer to keep the popup in the Browse Sequence so that user can also ... well, browse. But removing it doesn't help; the "Previous" and "Next" Browse buttons are then disabled. You need to click "Back" and "Forward" to resynchronise.

But if it is standard behaviour I would regard it as a bug; the popup has been clicked away and the user sees the old topic, while the browse sequence points to a different topic. If necessary I'll make a bug report to Adobe, but I'd like to first know what you experts say.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek.

I'm inbetween meetings at the moment (and looking forward to getting back to actually writing something) so am unable to test anything. The fact that the popup is called locates it in the BS. The fact that the popup closes does not have the logic to return you to the previous topic. You'd have to submit a feature request for this. I doubt Adobe would see it as a bug - mind you you use the same form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I reported this to Adobe as a bug. I also managed to get the builtin Previous/Next buttons working as per Rick Stone's Tips and Tricks, but this shows the same behaviour - calling a popup breaks the sequence.

As far as I can see, if I want Browse Sequences to work the way I want, then I shall have to make all the links myself. Sigh!

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp