Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reader Extensions does not recognize Flash Player

Level 2

Hi All:

Rather new to Reader Extensions ES 2 and have installed it on a test system.  This use to work but now I am having a problem accessing the user web page.

Environment

Windows XP

IE 6 or 7

Flash player 9 or 10

Issue:

When I access http:// localhost:8080/ReaderExtensions/welcome I recieve a page display stating "This content requires the Adobe Flash Player 9 or above." Get Flash.

Steps taken to date:

I originally had Flash 10 but have tried downgrading to Flash 9 with no results.

Re-installed Reader extensions after changing Flash versions with no results.

uninstalled Reader Extensions and cleaned out the registry. reinstalled Reader extensions with no result

Note: the installation had no errors and was doing a Turnkey - express mode install

Upgraded IE from 6 to 7 with no results.

Searched the Internet for similar issues

Searched the Adobe forums with no results.

Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks,

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Which version of LiveCycle Reader Extensions are you running. If it is an older release then Flash 10 woudl not have existed when it was released.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul:

I am using ES2 or Reader Extensions 9. I have tried both Flash 9 and 10. From investigation on Web, 10 should be fine with ES2 but I downgraded it to version 9 just in case.

Regardless, it doesn't work with either Flash 9 or Flash 10.

This is only a problem when trying to access the user interface. I can access Reader Extensions AdminUI. I can change settings etc so there is no problem with the install or configuration, I just can't load the user interface to actually reader extend a PDF.

One thing I noticed on my production system using LC Reader Extensions 7, in IE there is the Shockwave Flash Object (version 10) under "Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer". I do not see this on the development system with ES2.

Thank you,

David Chamberlin

Former Community Member

If I remember correctly there was a patch put out to support Flash 10. It was not available at the time that reader Extensions was released. I think the fix was in SP1. Make sure you clear your cache in the browser or try the UI from a different machine (that has Flash player 9)

Note that my memory isn't what it used to be.

Paul