• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAMERA SHAKE!!!! Why not Premiere? FCP has it!

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2010 Oct 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the one thing that has been bothering me to no end is the fact that Premiere has not included a camera shake preset into their library when the product ships. There isnt even a preset you can buy(that i found) for premiere pro. I dont want to use AE for one simple effect that should be included in the release.

Fcp has it in its effects tabs and its great, why not Premiere?

If anyone has knowledge of a good preset for camera shake, please let me know.

I do not wish to mickey mouse it in AE and or even in Premiere .. as i've tested them all before and nothing appeals to me.

thanks guys

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friend o mine requested this + the bad tv + a few others about a year ago.... Is it that only the most requested features are looked at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 24, 2010 Oct 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear allot of people us Mercalli V2 to fix camera shake.

http://www.prodad.com/home/products/videostabilizing/300391667,l-us.xhtml

Not free but looks good.

GLenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Op might wanna be more specific tho.. He might want to make camera shakes, not fix em. Which FCP comes with effects for both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking back it does look like the OP does want a shake.

I missed that Jason.

GLenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects has all the tools you'd need to create, copy, fix, or just tone down camera shake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a great review of Mercalli V2 in EventDV magazine. (I want that, and the Red Giant Denoiser, but the latter requires AE - for now.)

To MAKE camera shake, I use a Digieffects plug in. It's fun to use on title graphics for high energy productions. I was able to achive a convincing "flyby" effect, like in movies when a CG aircraft flies by the camera and it appears to wobble in the turbulence.

I believe the set of Digieffects plugins is $99 and has just enough useful ones (and a lot of "what the...?" ones) to make it worth the $$.

I just have to see what's the process for upgrading to the 64 bit version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have fcp in front of me.. i do belive it is the earthquake effect.

Yes i know that premiere and fcp dont have the same effects, but it would be nice for premiere to include this "earthquake" "shake" effect as a preset.

I actually almost switched to fcp for this one effect(i'm not kidding), i've been premiere editor for over 15 years. I like to edit with ease and that effect is what i've been needing for a long time. If you guys look @ spike TV's UFC adverts, when the guys hit one another they do this "shake" effect and it looks amazing.

I have sent in a request for this feature, i hope everyone who reads this thread, sends one. It would be a great addition to the software.

to BDRUMMER67, i'm not sure i understand your post,  you say u used a digieffects plug in to make your camera shake, which plug in did you use? Displace? I have used that one and its still not the same, doesnt have that same look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DigiEffects Delirium Camera Shake.

The preset values are rather extreme, like drunk shooting. If I dial it down it's good. Less motion amplitude, higher frequency for that jitter effect.

Includes motion blur.

They also have film effects, and earthquake, zone blurs, snow, stuff like that.

Here's a link to a rough little demo I whipped up. I take it from subtle to crazy and back in a few seconds.

Vimeo says I have to wait for encoding because I'm a freebie user. So if you see color bars, check back in a bit.

http://www.vimeo.com/16197412

(I did this in CS3, which I kept for just such situations. I bet it'll look better when I get the version for my CS5.)

http://www.digieffects.com/product/delirium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vimeo is taking forever

i went onto digi site and read up on delirium v2 and there is no mention of camera shake.. unless its called something wierd and i just cant associate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm new to Vimeo and this wait is crazy. I wonder if it's like that a lot.

It's possible that the new Delirium doesn't have the camera shake.

The site is also missing CS5 support. I'm finding this to be the case with several plugins from different companies. Probably due to the 64-bit. I'll have to revert to cs3 or just do without it for awhile.

You would think 64 bit would just be some different math, but what do I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yah... i just got a new edit rig and installed cs 5 my last feature was edited back on cs 2 lol....  yah there is always stuff missing with new releases... publishers/developers arent always up to the latest patches..etc etc

guess i have to rough it out till something comes out...:)

in the meantime here is what i quickly put togther in cs5 prem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyaO7dLInzk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks good!

Someone at DigiEffects got back to me pretty quickly. Good news:

1. Delirium 2 works in Premiere CS5.

2. If you own the old version, the upgrade is $99.

3. There's a filter called destabilize. Supposed to do what camera shake did.

4. I'm going to get it, test it, and I'll post a sample pretty soon if it works.

5. (and the thing I tried to post yesterday is finally up.)

Yeah, it would be nice if Premiere Pro had some more cool effects. I think it might infringe on patents or something, or just open up a whole can of worms. I love Ultra Key, and if I had to wish for a useful new addition, it would be Red Giant Denoiser or Marcalli shake fixer, whatever it's called (see much earlier post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it would be nice if Premiere Pro had some more cool effects.

The way I look at it ..Adobe applications(Ppro / Aefx and PS) are a suite of tools when used in combination are incredibly well endowed with FX.

(Which ones are "cool" is kind of an individual taste thing)  The first guy to craft and use an effect is always the coolest though!

The DL function actually makes all this work together as if PPRo and AEFX are largely combined as a single app.

There are not many 3rd party type FX  that  can not be "crafted" ( created)  in these packages.

Of course many look for a "single button" solution to fx and that may require a 3rd party plugin.

Personally..I try to avoid too many plugins due to the hassle of managing them across computers or projects.  Can be an issue with legacy projects across multiple computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

I try to avoid too many plugins due to the hassle of managing them across computers or projects.

Ditto. My projects, can go to anyone else that has the suite installed and works without hassle...  my boss and coworker think otherwise but it comes back to nip em in the butt when they have to reinstall and forget to install/reactive their plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP doesn't know how to use AE because he keeps referring to it as mickey mouse, etc.  Honestly, this effect could be replicated using DL from PP into AE in about two minutes.  Save it as a preset and done.  I understand it would be great to have in PP as an effect, but it is sooo easy to accomplish as is.  But to each his own, I mean I don't use FCP for lots of reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, here's a tut, just in case you are interested...

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/camera_shake_with_wiggler/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes me want to get AE and learn it. Thanks for the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be Red Giant Denoiser or Marcalli shake fixer, whatever it's called

...even these functionalities are in AEFX as standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a PC would be a major factor...

and I can't find a reason not to use FCP....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol.. did you fail to read what i wrote..

i can use AE and Premiere(i have nothing to prove)

I just want the effect to be include in Premiere, i dont like to go to AE for stuff that should be included in premiere..... and yah i'm lazy and i actually dont want to spend time on doing it manually(*even if it takes 2 mins like u say), i'd like it to be a preset.... that is it... yes i've sent int a "new feature" to adobe... and so should everyone...

Nothing wrong with FCP as it is still what clients request, over premiere. If i could afford it , i'd switch it over. 

Premiere has been very good to me but premiere editors lose jobs to fcp editors.... kinda sucky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the plugin Twitch from Videocopilot.  With the right settings, you may be able to get a similar look.  Very affordable and works with CS5.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yah i'm lazy and i actually dont want to spend time on doing it manually(*even if it takes 2 mins like u say), i'd like it to be a preset.... that is it... yes i've sent int a "new feature" to adobe... and so should everyone...

Yeah we should...then all our movies can look exactly the same as the lazy guys movies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turst me they wont.....lol.. thanks for that tho....

funny thing is... using an effect or preset doesnt make someone unoriginal....its how u use the said effect/preset....what makes the difference...

i'm not going to get into this big thing about it....

yah just cuz i said "i'm lazy" when it comes to having that "shake effect" there doesnt mean anything. My approach to editing is far from lazy...but i dont need to explain myself.....heh. my work speaks for itself

anyway.. yah i looked into vido co pilot as well... i'm still looking into options

thanks guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines