Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Trouble printing digital signatures

Level 1

[Thread Edited By Adobe]

/*Don’t forget to meet and greet your fellow peers virtually by telling them about yourself here

Go ahead and to it now: https://adobe.ly/3eDnB4v */

Actual Question:

I have a windows 7 computer with a new printer.  I have adobe reader 9 installed on the computer.  I can see a digital signature on the screen even in the print preview, but it will not print.  I can print the signature from a computer running XP!  Any ideas how to fix this?  Thank you!

13 Replies

Former Community Member

I tested this quickly and was unable to duplicate the behaviour you reported, the signature printed properly for me (Reader 9.4 on Windows 7 64bit).

Can you post the signed document?

What is the exact version of Reader that you are using (on the Win 7 box)?

How was the document signed, with Acrobat or with Reader (using a Reader Extended document)?

Is the signature a digital signature, or some other form of electronic signature created with a signature pad or other plugin?

Thanks

Steve

Level 1

I am using reader version  9.3.4 218.  Windows 7 premium home edition 64 bit.   Computer is an HP and printer is a brother mfc all in one laser.  I tried to  upload the document but it stated "the content type of this image is not allowed".  I am unsure how the document was created, or how the signature was created it came to my gmail from an outside source.  Also, this happens on most of the digital signatures that I receive, not just this one.

Thank you!  -Cheryl

Level 1

I was having the same problem - and tearing my hair out - and then realized that my print screen for my printer was set to the default of "Document" under "Comments and Forms".  When I pulled down that menu to "Documents and Stamps", I was able to print with the signature.

Level 1

I was having the same problem... Unfortunately the 'Documents and Stamps' menu option didn't work for me either. I eventually had to get a bit more creative and go outside of acrobat. I opened the file in photoshop and printed it from there. Printed perfectly with the signature on it. I tried every option I could think of inside of Acrobat first, and nothing worked. Even saving the file as an image from Acrobat didn't work. Photoshop worked fine though It's entirely possible that other InDesign or something else may work as well, but I just got it to work in Photoshop and didn't test further.

Level 4

Do you mean a blue ribbon digital sig?  that wont print out.

digSigEntrust.JPG

Level 1

I've had a similar problem - but someone helped me find the solution - was an easy fix & rather embarrassing. Make sure in "Comments & Forms" you select "Document and Markups"

Hope this helps you - it worked for me
Adobe.jpg

Level 2

After hours of trying to print with a verified signature (it's insane to see on the screen the verified signature and after printing it disappearing...) I tried the following and succeeded: (I don't know if it will work on your pc)

- On a hp laptop which verifies my id card (don't know if this has anything to do with it)

- On adobe pdf open the .aspx file,

- then verify the signature, i.e. do all those operations necessary for it to be green 'V'

- then on the signature box, click on the mouse right button.

- then choose «view verified version»

- it will open a new tab with a verified version

- then print it (docs and markups)

- there... I made it yesterday night, after spending 8 hours at a official office waiting for my time and thinking about this, and did it today again to be sure that it works (this time without my id card)

- I have to thank adobe for this so nice feature, that provides so many work hours wasted to so many people.... /S

- it is unbelievable that you see one thing on the screen and another printed...

- WAKE UP ADOBE !!! don't make us wast so many valuable time on things like this

Former Community Member

The resolution to this issue is to make sure while in the print mode under "Comments & Forms", it is set to either "Document and Markups" or  "Document and Stamps", and not just set to "Document". This will resolve the issue of not being able to print digital signatures. If it does not resolve your issue, the problem may lie somewhere else in either your system, printer, or print settings.

Level 2

Unfortunately this solutiuon pointed out by «atxmikeriv» does not work...

I tried this suggestion in two printers and with two different desktops.

Nothing...

What worked for me was the suggestion I made here on May 5, 2017 3:06 AM

Level 1

Thank you, Paulo. your suggestion worked like a charm.

Level 1

Works!

On Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 18.9.20050.254034, right-click on the digital signature and select "Show Signed Version", as Paulo had pointed out, and the signed version view of the PDF document will open in a new tab. Print that document (the signed version one). And voila! You'll have the lovely green tick printed on your document!

Level 1

Thanks a lot this method works like a charm

Level 1

I had to disable "Save toner" and "Greyscale" options before getting it to work. Hope this helps.