• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you just merge a topic?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 15 projects.  Different departments see different projects.  Sometimes there are topics we want all departments to see.   Is there a way to merge a topic from one project into another project?  I want to be able to update the topic from the home project and the updates also show up in the merged topic.  We have a very old version of Robo '95.  In '95 we would import a doc into another project and then could update it in the home project or the one we imported into.  It was like when you opened the topic in the new project, you were opening the home project to update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that may have been possible in the version you have.

Calling Mr Stone - Your knowledge goes way back, does this ring a bell?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there was a work-around in Robohelp 8 that could accomplish the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gang

I'd love to respond but am nearly out the door for some apprenticeship training. I'll look in this afternoon.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar need and am unsure how to efficiently proceed. I currently have one project. I need to create a second project that contains only a portion of the content of the first project. The two projects have two different user groups. I will need to update any shared topics simultaneously if possible. I am working in RH5. Is there a process to achieve this? I am a novice user.

Thanks,

Sallie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Okay, first things first here.

For starters, what is the output type we are all using? WinHelp? HTML Help? WebHelp? FlashHelp?

I'm seeing there are two users in this thread. The first is reporting RoboHelp 95? Does this mean you are using RoboHelp for Word?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and Sallie's problem is different. Sallie please start a new thread or things will become very confused. You might like to take a look at the merged help articles on my site to decide whether you feel able to try that out. It is not as difficult as it might appear at first.

If you do decide to proceed I can outline what you would need to consider if you create a new thread. Do include what type of help you want to merge.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently using Robohelp 95 and upgrading to Robohelp 8.  We are using Webhelp to publish.  I was wondering if there is a way to merge a topic rather than the whole project in Robohelp 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by merging a topic. Are you wanting to display a single topic that is from another help system or something and have it appear as if it's actually inside the current system?

Assuming that's what you want to accomplish, I'm thinking you could probably make it happen by creating a topic that is essentially blank. Then insert an Inline Frame (IFRAME) and configure the IFRAME to present the other topic. Note that if you are relying on Search, you won't be able to locate the topic as the content isn't really inside the current project. It is inside a different project.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp