• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfloop query not working as expected.

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2006 Jun 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to create a sitemap from a dynamic web site. I am using 2 cfloop queries to do this. My problem is that on all of the second level items I have the same header ID. How can I fix this? Here is my code. The #t2name# link ID=#qGetSite.T1ID# keeps coming up with 10 it is not looping properly. Any help would be most appreciated.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2006 Jun 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just use one query and join on t1idfk = t1id? Also, in your loop, you have to specify the row number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan, thanks for your suggestions. After beating on it a while I was able to get it to work properly. I would like to add another element to it. Any suggestions on that would help also. I want to add a third table called content whose foreign key is location. This would be part of the ON statement in SQL. ON Tier1ID = Location and ON Tier2ID = Location, so my question is how do I integrate that into my SQL statement for Access and how do I display it? I would want something like this.

Tier1.T1Name
Tier2.T2Name
Mistakenly posted see below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan, thanks for your suggestions. After beating on it a while I was able to get it to work properly. I would like to add another element to it. Any suggestions on that would help also. I want to add a third table called content whose foreign key is location. This would be part of the ON statement in SQL. ON Tier1ID = Location and ON Tier2ID = Location, so my question is how do I integrate that into my SQL statement for Access and how do I display it? I would want something like this.

Tier1.T1Name
Tier2.T2Name
Tier1.T1Name
Tier2.T2Name
Tier2.T2Name
Tier2.T2Name

Here is my code.
<CFQUERY NAME="qGetSite" DATASOURCE="#application.ds#">
SELECT * From Tier1 LEFT OUTER JOIN Tier2
ON Tier1.t1id = CInt(Tier2.t1idfk)
UNION
SELECT * From Tier1 RIGHT OUTER JOIN Tier2
ON Tier1.t1id = CInt(Tier2.t1idfk)
ORDER BY Tier1.ButtonLoc, Tier2.ButtonLoc;
</CFQUERY>
<CFOUTPUT QUERY="qGetSite" group="T1Name">
<A HREF="level1.cfm?ID=#qGetSite.T1ID#" CLASS="button" style="width:100%; text-align:left;">#qGetSite.T1Name#</A><br />
<cfoutput>
<cfif qGetSite.T2ID IS NOT ""><A HREF="level2.cfm?ID=#qGetSite.T1ID#&T2ID=#qGetSite.T2ID#" CLASS="buttonlevelsitemap">> #qGetSite.t2name#</a><br /><cfelse></cfif>
</cfoutput>
</CFOUTPUT>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sql is much too complicated and you didn't say what content.location is related to. I'll assume you meat that a field in content joins to tier1.t1id. Your sql would simply be:

select t1name, t2name, location
from tier1, tier2, content
where t1id = t1idfk
and t1id = some_field_in_content

to display it do this

<cfoutput query = "theOneAbove">
#t1name#<br />#t2name#<br />#location#<br />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Seems to me you'd be better combining the queries, sort by Tier1 then by Tier2 and then output using
<CFOUTPUT Query="" Group="Tier1">
#Tier 1#
<CFOUTPUT>
#Tier 2#
</CFOUTPUT>
</CFOUTPUT>
and let CF do the grouping and subheadings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation