Expand my Community achievements bar.

process steps

Level 2

i have a workflow job to accomplish right now, starting with asking the user to fill a form, then the process finds the supervisor of the user and ending with delivering the form to him/her, sounds easy- really is.

but the problem is that i want to start with FindUser, then user information is going to be written on the form, such as id, name and lastname. And then, on the third step, the form can be screened by the user.

In order to accomplish those, the process isn't supposed to have an input form variable. I am using Task Manager endpoint and I got this error: "Processes using Task Manager endpoint are not allowed to start without an input form."

I am wondering if there is another way to accomplish these sequence.

Thanks in advance,

MC

5 Replies

Level 10

How are you planning to initiate your workflow?

If you want to use Workspace , then you'll need to specify an input form, otherwise Workspace won't know what to display. Workspace needs to be able to display a form.

If not, then just use the programmatic endpoint and invoke it with Webservice, REST, API, ect.

I need a bit more information on how you plan on starting your workflow in order to provide the right solution. There should be a pretty straightforward solution to your problem.

Jasmin

Level 2

i do want to initiate my workflow over Workspace. i know my other possibilities. but i am wondering if there is another way to accomplish what i mentioned in my previous post, use workspace to invoke the process, but on the third step i want the form to pop up.

(start)findUser --> Execute --> AssignTask -->...

After the findUser retrieves the information of the process creator and assigns them into a variable, execute function takes some those data, such as id, name and last name, and assigns the values into some fields in the form. And finally on the AssignTask step, i want the form to be screened and form filling would be assigned to the process creator. So, process creator would see the form with necessary information on some fields, and would not be able to change the content of those.

i am guessing, i explained my case clearly.

any solutions or advice will be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

MC

Level 10

One way you could do it is by using a Prepare Data process on the Action Profile of the Workspace start point.

The Prepare data process allows you to specify an orchestration to run before the form is displayed. This orchestration also receives a Task Context object which contains information about the user that's logged in to Workspace.

You could create a prepare data process to pre-fill your form before it's being served to the initiator. That way you don't have to send it back to the initiator. You get it pre-filled fro the get go.

Would that work?

Jasmin

Level 2

i am using livecycle version 8.2.1. i am not sure, but i think what you said in your post is available only in newer versions. if i am wrong, can you tell me how to do so?

thanks in advance,

MC

Level 10

In 8.2.1, you can associate a Render service to the xfaForm variable. In the render service you could manippulate the xml that's going to be merge with the XDP to do prepopulation.

Jasmin