• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 export to flash cs5: problems

Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to export a captivate 5 project to flash cs5. I designed my interface in Fireworks, so I need to use flash to set up my navigation elements, lesson titles etc as captivate does not have the capability for editing .pngs and I find it's range of interactive and navigation elements too limiting. All the images I have used in my captivate project (and there are a lot of them!) are .png format as I needed to use the "transparent background" option that only .pngs (that I am aware of!) provide.

1. The first problem I'm      having is that not a single one of my images is being imorted into flash.      Is there any quick fix to this that anyone knows of, or will I have to      manually reinsert every image and redefine its properties? I would also      consider saving the images in a different file format and changing the      background colour to match my project background if this will solve the      problem, but again this would take quite a bit of work.
  2. 2nd problem is with cp5      generated quizes: they don't show up at all in flash. I knew that there      might be an isssue with this. I'm working off trial versions at the      moment, and trying to decide (by the end of the week) between buying      E-learning suite       2 or Creative Suite 5. My question is, will  Flash      extensions in the e-learning suite solve this problem or is it impossible      to export quiz slides regardless?
  3. Text input boxes and      rollover hotspots aren't working in Flash. Is there any way around this?

Apologies if this is too many questions for one post. I'm new to using the forum. If someone with more experience of the forum thinks I should break this up into three seperate posts please let me know and I'll do so. Hope someone can help, my deadline for this project is in a few weeks and I'm starting to panic now!!

Maedhbh

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Regarding the issues faced by you while exporting Captivate projects to Flash CS5 , kindly see the comments mentioned.

Problem 1: The first problem I'm      having is that not a single one of my images is being imorted into flash.      Is there any quick fix to this that anyone knows of, or will I have to      manually reinsert every image and redefine its properties? I would also      consider saving the images in a different file format and changing the      background colour to match my project background if this will solve the      problem, but again this would take quite a bit of work.

Comment : Images from CP5 cannot be exported to Flash CS5. This is as designed for the current release version. For this release we have allowed only Capture related items and their corresponding properties to be exported from Captivate to Flash CS5.You need to add the images separately in your Flash Project.

Problem 2: 2nd problem is with cp5      generated quizes: they don't show up at all in flash. I knew that there      might be an isssue with this. I'm working off trial versions at the      moment, and trying to decide (by the end of the week) between buying      E-learning suite       2 or Creative Suite 5. My question is, will  Flash      extensions in the e-learning suite solve this problem or is it impossible      to export quiz slides regardless?

Comment : This is also currently not supported.

Problem 3: Text input boxes and      rollover hotspots aren't working in Flash. Is there any way around this?

Comment : I didnt see any issue with the Text entry boxes when exported to Flash. It would be good if you could elaborate the problem that you are facing.

Further , rollover images , rollover slidelets are again not supported for exporting.

Let me know in case of any concerns.

Thanks and regards ,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

per comment 1, so the only way to get images into flash is to rebuild the entire animation? what a bummer, i wonder who though it was practical to take work you already created and... recreate.  Is there any way to save in CP 4 format so I can get a proper export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Even though Adobe now owns both Flash as well as Captivate, they are still two vastly different applications. One needs to consider that Captivate is intended to be a single application that creates output. You sort of get what you get when you decide to "enhance" things by using Flash.

I suppose I would compare this to purchasing a motorcycle to ride. Perhaps it has an engine manufactured by Harley Davidson. I can ride it all day with no issues. But if I decide to drive it to the Harley Davidson factory in order to disassemble it and tweak things, I can't expect that the factory would totally understand and be able to deal with the custom frame, fenders and other items it didn't originally produce.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you are talking about a feature that was previously supported then removed.

I'm supprised that Adobe works so hard on cross product intergration (ie Export Flash from After Effects, this xfl file format, Import Photoshop/Illustrator to Flash) , would it make since to have to report you images when working those products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the point of exporting to flash if you have to rebuild all your images?   Seems like a useless piece of functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for piggybacking ont his posting, but I'm having trouble posting a new discussion... I only seem to be able to reply to existing postings. Anyway, I'm trying to export to flash cs5 from Captivate 5. The export seems to run through successfully, but then I receive the following error: 'An error has occurred while exporting to Adobe Flash.' The Captivate project includes interaction... click boxes and text entry boxes... and the project is approximately 50 slides. I was able to successfully export a similar project with interaction and of approx the same size, so I really don't understand what the problem is. Any suggestions? I'm really not an experienced Flash user. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let me know what kind of objects you used in the cptx?

Per the previous few posts, there are some objects like images, rollover objects, question slides, which cannot be exported to Flash and this is as per design.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project includes audio, text animations, click boxes, text entry boxes, text captions, highlight boxes. It was recorded in training mode... nothing really unusual about the project that I can think of. And the strange thing is that I'm able to successfully export a similar project with the same types of objects in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying a few more things, it looks like the export has a size limitation. My other project that was exporting successfully, was actually about 15 slides smaller than the one I was having trouble with. After deleting approx 15 slides, I am now able to export successfully.. .so it seems the max number of slides the export can handle is just over 40. I guess my only alternative would be to split the projects and use daisy chain to link them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2011 Mar 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you please send your cptx across to sushma@adobe.com? It would help us investigate the real cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources