Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CPD file smaller after renaming project

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have renamed my RoboHelp project and have noticed after the project has been renamed, the cpd file in the renamed project is much smaller than the CPD file from the original project. Is this something to be concerned about? Why is the file so much smaller?

Thankyou

kt_25

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to be concerned about, in fact desirable behaviour.

The CPD is a cache and from time to time it gets bloated. The standard procedure is to delete it and it rebuilds but is smaller.

In RoboHelp 8 you can set it to do that every time you open a project.

It helps if you always add the version of RoboHelp you are using when starting a thread.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your quick response. I am using RoboHelp 8 version 8.02.208. I would like to have the file rebuilt each time I open. Great information

Thankyou

kt_25

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp