• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player won't download in IE

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2009 Oct 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, i've had this problem for some time now and just recently started to try and solve it. It started a fe months

ago when i opened up steam, and the box in the center for the store displays new games or what have you ( i honetly forget

now what it did but it was something like, becase i havn't seen it in months). So it says "You will need to Install the

latest Flash plugin to view this page properly." I say alright whatever just update flash, not so simple. it opens up ie

and so i click on "agree and install now" button and it just reloads the page instantly and nothing happens...... so i just

gave up on it because i didn't really need it i didnt think. Plus IE i never used because i have Firefox which i use and IE

just got really bad after IE8 i think i used to use it all the time now it just will close unexpectly and what not. So back

on track im using steam today and this little anoyance of "you need to pdate flash" thing was pissing me off and i think i

need to update it in order to purchase games? i tried to buy a game today by "adding to cart" and it just does nothing. so

i assum i need flash? not to sure but anyway this flash thing shouldnt do this because of just IE being crappy. i really am

at a loss as to what to do now so any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

,hankey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone have any type of suggestions for this got a few views but no relies??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post is very unclear; do you have Flash Player actually installed?  Which version?  (See http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/)

Do you have Shockwave Player installed, and which version?  (See http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/)

Best if you start again and try a clean install:

If you don't have Shockwave Player installed, get it from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/default/english/win95nt/latest/Shockwave_Installer_Sl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ, but i've already tried exactly what you suggested but with no success. Still the same problem though but to answer your questions yes i have Flash player install but for firefox, not IE because i cannot get it to work, The Flash Player ax.exe installs fine but never seems to actually work for whatever reason. i have version 10,0,32,18 of flash player for firefox and it says i have version 10,0,32,18 installed in IE also but it doesnt have the flash player at the top saying flash player succesfully installed, go figure?? instead of the flash box saying succesfully installed it has the flsh F thing and this little slogan for it "Adobe Flash Player - A lightweight, robust runtime  environment for rich media and rich Internet application" For shockwave i just installed that and have version 11.5.1r601 hope that information helps you but i am at a complete loss right now but thanks for the reply once again

,hankey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In IE, you may need to activate it.  Tools | Manager Add-ons (depending on your IE version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have IE8 and it doesn't appear in the add-ons box and i've tried this to with IE7 and same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have IE8, and it appears when I select Show: All add-ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does it appear as?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave Flash Object (with the wrong version number).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah i have that enabled and it says version 10.0.22.87, this is really weird???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i take it this is too much of a brain buster for 230 some people haha?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see on this page

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

both Flash Player and Shockwave Player working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what i see when i go to that page

flash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird - it looks like you have neither Flash Player nor Shockwave Player.

Can you tell me what you have in the %WINDIR%\system32\Macromed\Flash folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont have that directory? you mean C:Windows/system32/Macromed\Flash folder correct? if so then no i dont have that directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case: Flash Player is not installed on your system!

Are you sure that you ran the installers I specified in my post No. 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is installed on my system because it works in Firefox, just not IE. I've ran the installers a few times and still nothing, also why would it come up in the add-ons if it weren't installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually do have it installed but its putting it in the folder C:Windows/SysWOW64 just found that out after looking at the installer details, could be the issue? I do have 64-bit vista ultimate so probably is also contributing to the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know how FP works on x64 Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem with IE8.  The PDF won't load properly.  It wanted me to install Flash.  However, when I turn to use firefox it's fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying all day to get this downloaded.  I kept uninstalling the prior version and then downloading Flash Player 10.  It looked like it installed, but when I would try to see a video on YouTube or play on application on Facebook, it kept telling me to download the latest version of Flash Player, and I would go through the same thing all over again.

I've been reading all the posts, and this is what I finally did, and it's working.  I went to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn 14266.html and opened Flash Player 9 (debugger versions)(it took awhile for this to open, because it's about 13 different versions).  From there I downloaded flashplayer9r16_winax.  I also went to the Adobe Downloads and downloaded Adobe Shockwave for Flash (nobody had mentioned to me earlier that you had to have this, but then I read something in a post somewhere that mentioned it.  I think it may be important because this is about the only step I hadn't done previously).  I then went on Tools, Manage Add-Ons, and enabled Shockwave for Flash.  Then I went to Adobe Downloads and downloaded the latest version of Flash Player(which it appears installed right overtop of Adobe 9).  When I go to my programs, Flash Player 10 is now showing (although there's no numbers behind it showing how much space it takes up, Flash Player 9 is not showing anymore, AND EVERYTHING APPEARS TO BE WORKING (FOR NOW).  THANK THE LORD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently there was a problem with flash 10 and Firefox AND Opera. BOTH

have issued updates today, and now BOTH work, and for more than a few

hours. Dont know or care about IE-8, and its not worthy of mention, and

I certainly don't use M$ spyware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the coment marc but it really doesn't really have much relevance to what i am asking. i will agree with you though that IE sucks but im only trying to get it to work so i can't steam rolling if you read my post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to try that cami, but i just dont have time right now opefully later tonight and ill let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried this Cami but it doesn't appear to be working, i think i did it correctly maybe you could explain in detail alittle more and fix the link because its broken that would help alittle haha thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines