• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install Textures into Photoshop CS5?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2010 Oct 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got CS5 and can't figure out how to install textures into it. I am not even seeing a Textures folder. Can anyone provide me with a bit of guidance on this? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sabrina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What textures are you talking about? Patterns?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Textures not patterns. They have always been two different things.

Sabrina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Filter > Texture > Texturizer and click the drop-down arrow next to the texture name.

You can load any PSD image as a texture from there.

Texturizer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nice. But he is referring to textures folder itself that is available in presets of earlier versions. can anyone suggest why it was removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to download the cs5 optional plugins from here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4688

MTSTUNER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous answers are incorrect and misleading.

The texturizer is still in CS5 and will still load any PSD from your hard drive as a texture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I was referring to the texture presets that used to ship with earlier

versions of photoshop, which are now in the optional plugins download.

Of course your right about the texturizer filter still being in photoshop.

I didn't mean to confuse anyone.

MTSTUNER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original four – brick, burlap, canvas and sandstone are still there.

I understand the others were removed because they didn't look good repeated over the much larger images we deal with today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word 'textures' can mean many things in Photoshop. And since the poster hasn't bothered to specify what type of 'textures' she is talking about, any attempt to answer is guesswork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well let's see what Sabrina says!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2010 Nov 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me: I created a Textures folder in my user presets folder (Users/(name)/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Presets); I moved my desired .PSD textures there.  Then, when I restarted PSCS5, I went to Filters>Texture>Texturize and clicked on the flyout menu next to Texture:.  When prompted to Load Texture ... , I drilled down to that same Textures folder I created under my user name.  The texture won't be added to the standard textures (Brick, Canvass, etc.), but PSCS5 will remember the location you specified to look for textures.

You can do the same thing by creating a Textures folder in the Program Files (x86) (Program Files (x86)/Adobe/ ... etc.) but you'll need Administrator powers for this and for every time you want to add textures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines