• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'code assist' not working

Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I have a file in which the 'code assist' popup recently stopped working. The file contains no alert markers and the project compiles cleanly with no errors or related messages. The file is fairly large @ 6700 lines. Code assist appears to work properly in all other project files.

What could be the problem?

Thanks.

gp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer. Apparently, there's some syntax the compiler doesn't complain about but that the 'code assist' doesn't like.

In my case, the following syntax broke 'code assist' such that it didn't pop up:

(aDictionary[aInt] as SomeClass).aProperty = ....

and fixed with:

var someObj:SomeClass = aDictionary[aInt] as SomeClass;

someObj.aProperty = ....

The former syntax compiled fine with no complaints as does the latter but the latter stops 'code assist' working for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(array_expression as type).property should work. What version of Flash Builder are you using?

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flex Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FB ver 3.0.2.214193

I had to delete chunks of my code until I had isolated the offending code.

Once I changed it, code assist worked fine. What baffles me is that I'm pretty sure I've used the same syntax in other files with no ill affect. Might be a combination of factors in my file. Don't really know.

gp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines