Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit existing pdf's from RoboHelp 8

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Our company had been using an old version of RH5 for many years, and we've recently upgraded to RH8 to manage our company Infocenter (knowledge repository). We have many pdf files within this repository.

Before upgrading to RH8, we would edit pdf files using Adobe Writer very easily. However, after upgrading to RH8 and installing it on a brand new computer, our attempts to install Adobe Writer failed with a message saying there is a more functional product already installed on the workstation. No other Adobe products apart from RH8 are currently installed.

I think this means that RH8 can edit pdf files with no additional software, can anyone confirm? And if so, how do we go about doing it? (For now I only need to know how to edit pdf's, not create them.)

Thanks, and my apologies in advance if this was covered in another thread, but I couldn't find any information.

T.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect that Acrobat Writer is seeing the PDF writer that you installed with RoboHelp as being the later version.

I don't use that as I have the full version of Acrobat so I cannot check but I don't believe you can use the lighter version that comes with RoboHelp to edit PDFs.

Thus you can write PDFs with what you have but I suspect you cannot directly edit. You would need Acrobat Pro for that and buying the Technical Communication Suite would have been a better option.

Do you have the source files that created those PDFs? If so you can edit those and use the PDF writer that shipped with RH8 to create new PDFs.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp