• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FB (Burrito) - Swap Components in DesignView

Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have a pretty basic question but cannot seem to Google the info. Here's a common scenario (for beginners, perhaps more than pros): You start laying out your application - for example - a TabNavigator populated with an HGroup, which is populated with a number of elements. Then you realize: "oh crap, I didn't want HGroup, I wanted Panel".

My question - how do I swap the HGroup for the Panel component (in DesignView) without losing all that HGroup's content? Of course, I can switch to code and manually change the component tag, but if it's so easy to do by hand, it should be equally easy to do in DesignView. Similar to Flash IDE's Swap Symbol.

Ideally it should be a context-click. Obviously you can't swap an HBox for a Button. Right-click the offending component - select Swap Component - choose the new component from a pull-down menu of eligible components.

Anyway, has this feature not been built? Or am I just missing something that ought to be really obvious but just isn't documented very well?

Thanks!

T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

This feature doesn't exist. You'd have to do this in code. You can file a feature request for Flash Builder at http://bugs.adobe.com/flex.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flex Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature doesn't exist. You'd have to do this in code. You can file a feature request for Flash Builder at http://bugs.adobe.com/flex.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flex Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that's pants, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines