• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing Headers in Excel

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dumping the output of a query into an excel file using application/vnd.ms-excel in my code and I need to know if there is a way to freeze the header row so it stays at the top when the user scrolls down the list.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if you are just sending CSV data with the vnd.ms-excel content type to tell the browser to send the CSV data to that application.

POSSIBLY if you where to use the POI and|or CF9 <cfspreadsheet...> tag.  But I would not be surprised if an Excel User Interface detail like that is something that is NOT exposed to either of those Application Interfaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you would need to create a true spreadsheet. But it is possible with with either CF9 (or earlier using POI)

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WS89BB5273-80BA-4c55-9862-4D9D0ADA062B.html

http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/quick-guide.html#Splits

-Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot about one another option. You should be able to do this using html/xml. I do not have the mso schemas reference handy. But you can easily view the xml syntax by creating a sample spreadsheet (freezing the panes) and saving it as html.

-Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of the xml/html method

http://www.bennadel.com/blog/467-Freezing-Row-Column-Panes-In-Excel-XML.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEAT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely simple too. ( I do not know why I always forget about that option ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation