Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen size

Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a browser based app I'm creating a demo in for using Captivate 5 and I'm having trouble deciding what to do about screen size. The demo will be viewed in the customer's browser and the display settings and monitor sizes will vary. I would really like the entire app and demo controls to be displayed without scrolling or panning but it seems like I can only do this if I resize the the slides prior to publishing the demo. So...

Is there a rule of thumb or general standard for the published size of a demo?

Also, is there a way to resize the slides of a demo without distortion?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

There have been already different threads in this forum discussing the choice of resolution. There are so many factors to consider, please try the search function and if you have more questions after watching those threads, fire away.

Rescaling will mostly result in some loss of quality although downscaling is of course better than upscaling. If it is  not possible to capture at the wanted resolution, please bear in mind that downscaling to a smaller resolution with the same width-height ration will be the less harmful solution.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources