• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

W3C Warnings

Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a RoboHelp 7 WebHelp project which I want to convert to Rh8.  The project opens fine and I can generate the WebHelp output which looks good although I haven't tested 100%. I ran the W3C compliance option and received numerous Warnings (no errors) on most of my topics.  Can someone tell me or direct me to whereI can determine the impact of these Warnings (below)?  They appear to be related to the XHTML and from what I can tell are pointing to embedded links, bookmarks etc. 

I have some updates to make to existing topics and I want to be sure I am not missing something or introducing a problem when I redeploy the project as Rh8.

Thank you

<a> escaping malformed URI reference

<a> attribute "name" has invalid value "<value>"

<a> cannot copy name attribute to id

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As far as I know:

<a> escaping malformed URI reference

Your url in a link uses backslashes (..\) instead of slashes (../). Your project will probably keep working. No impact for RH8, as RH8 sometimes uses backslashes itself.

<a> attribute "name" has invalid value "<value>"

A bit cryptic, but does the value have <> in it? If so, these characters may confuse browsers, because HTML tags are placed inside those brackets. You would best amend those values.

<a> cannot copy name attribute to id

The "name" and "id"  attribute are not the same. No impact that I know of, only creates harder to read code. An id must be unique and a name is used to uniquely identify an element or a set of related elements. So if you have element x with id 'a' and name 'b' and an element y with id 'b' and name 'a', it may get confusing if you look at the HTML.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you William,

That is quite helpful, I will have to look at the code closer with someone a bit more familiar with HTML.

As far as the second 'cryptic' concern, my bad, the value does not include the braces (<>). In this case any idea what the warning may be?

Thank you again

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. My guess is that you use invalid characters in the attribute. I'm not sure what is and what isn't allowed, but starting with a number may cause problems.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you William. I did have one of our developers look at your prior response and review the associate warnings.

It does not appear there is any critical impact.

Much obliged,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp