• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When is Adobe Digital Editions creating an app for iPad?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without digital edtions I am unble to use public library e books. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear, hear! I review books, the galleys of which are increasingly being made available by publishers in DRM-protected format to reviewers; so to read such files, I have to sit in front of of my IMac for two-hundred-odd pages, or more. Please, oh please Adobe people, can we have a version of Digital Editions for the IPad?

P.S. It's  possible to read DE's DRM-protected files on an IPad using a free app called Txtr, available at the app store. It does work, although not easily. You have to link your IPad to your Adobe ID via the Txtr app, then upload the pdf file created within Digital Editions on your computer to a txtr website, and then download it to your IPad. But it works....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How robust is "txtr"?  I've also seen that Kobo has an iPad app.  Will that support Adobe DRM protected eBooks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Txtr isn't terribly robust. No ability to mark text that I could find, or make notes. You can read your DR files, but that's about it. Plus, it's from a German company, and the IPad help files are all in German (although their website is in English).

However, I've found a new app for the IPad called BlueFire Reader that's much more robust. Notes, Dictionary, and so on. Reads DR files either in epub or pdf format once you register the app with Adobe. You still have to go through the download file/unlock file with DR/upload file/download to IPad routine, but it's a nice, solid app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Txtr isn't terribly robust. No ability to mark text that I could find, or make notes. You can read your DR files, but that's about it. Plus, it's from a German company, and the IPad help files are all in German (although their website is in English).

However, I've found a new app for the IPad called BlueFire Reader that's much more robust. Notes, Dictionary, and so on. Reads DR files either in epub or pdf format once you register the app with Adobe. You still have to go through the download file/unlock file with DR/upload file/download to IPad routine, but it's a nice, solid app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  The reviews on iTunes for Bluefire were not particularly good but maybe they've upgraded it since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, for now Bluefire is the best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying Bluefire for now.  Not much experience with it but the name reflects the color one can achieve holding your breath waiting for Adobe to do something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This would be a great idea. I will be waiting for Adobe to bring there creation/version out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines