• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashBuilder - how to move code with drag and drop

Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I must be stupid. Every IDE I've worked in allows me to highlight one or more lines of code and then, when I mouse over those highlighted lines, the cursor updates to indicate that I can now drag the code, and it will move when I click and drag.

FlashBuilder (burrito) does not appear to exhibit this functionality, though if I hold down the CTRL key I do get to COPY the code via drag and drop.

There have been one or two occasions where the drag and drop operation functioned, but I cannot figure out, nor reproduce those conditions.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

This should work in Flash Builder also, although you are right, the cursor feedback is not very good since it doesn't update to show any sort of drag cursor. Try selecting the text, then click and hold for about a second before dragging to a new location. If it still isn't working for you there must be some other problem. Make sure in Preferences, General->Editors->Text Editors that "Enable drag and drop of text" is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should work in Flash Builder also, although you are right, the cursor feedback is not very good since it doesn't update to show any sort of drag cursor. Try selecting the text, then click and hold for about a second before dragging to a new location. If it still isn't working for you there must be some other problem. Make sure in Preferences, General->Editors->Text Editors that "Enable drag and drop of text" is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2010 Nov 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clearly I'm too impatient.

Once the text is selected, one must click and hold the mouse for a second or two before the drag and drop cursor appears. After that, all behaves as expected.

I think that although this takes a bit of getting used to, it's probably a good feature, as sometimes you just want to modify the selection, which can still be done by clicking and dragging immediately.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines