Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when Posting a Captivate 5 Aggregator Project on Web Server

Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a 3 module aggregator project with a preloader jpg file using Captivate 5 and published as both a zip and html file.  When I play the html on my local machine, it plays fine.  But, when I have one of the web developers upload the zip files to the server she says that she gets a flash player error when she tries to test it. I've used the aggregator in Captivate 4 with no problems (when using AS2) so I'm not sure what could be causing this error.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the information I received from the developer: a pop up box saying Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often get that message when previewing on my local machine (with regular projects, not aggregator projects), but it doesn't happen when I upload

to the web and run the html.

I have Windows 7 and I assumed it was because of the built-in security.

Do you and your developer have different OSs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marion,

I asked her to try again and here's what she said she did:

I unzip the online library folder, double click the onlinelibrary.swf file(the  standard.js file is in the same folder), got the popup window as  follows

flash error.jpg

After  I click ok, it play the movie. Then I upload the file to server, but it does not  work(frozen the server). So can you remake it again as the rest of all video  works just fine. BTW, I use flash player 9.

Apparently, she tried it first on her machine which has flash player 9 and then only uploaded the single .swf file to the server.  I was told by another developer that she needs to add the standard.js code to the html file.  It appears she doesn't want to do this so I have to compile all the .cptx files into one. So, it looks like you were right about her testing locally, but she's also not uploading the files correctly on the server.

Judy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Judy,

The dialog you are getting is Flash security setting dialog. This will not appear if you add the folder path in the Flash Security dialog box at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

For the other issue of not playing in web server, which web server are you using? Can you send me a sample project to viswanat@adobe.com? I can check it from my end.

Thanks,

Vish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources