• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Button Icon

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2006 Jun 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any of you guys and gals know if the default icon given to custom buttons can be changed. I've noticed the [Windows] section of the .HHP file contains the details of the button but I don't know if a different icon can be specified. What I want to do is add a company logo to appear on the toolbar above the Custom Button text. Many thanks in advance for information or confirmation that it can't be done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum

Can the icon be changed? Certainly! But You didn't ask the important question.

Can it be changed easily and by us mere help authors? No, not easily at all. If you are a whiz bang programmer, I understand it may be possible. But it is well beyond the reach of the average help developer.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick. I thought and feared as much . As I haven't done any programming since my school days and was never "wizz bang" even then I'll just have to accept the boring old defaults. Ho hum! Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,

Rob Chandler's HWServer.DLL enables you to add custom toolbar buttons to a .chm file. But the procedure for using it is a little tortuous, and you must install the DLL on all your users' computers.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Pete. I'll take a look although installing the .DLL on the user's PC may be an issue. I'm a bit perturbed that if you find it "torturous", I may end up in a crumpled heep on the floor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
LOL, I found that a quite interesting choice of words myself.

I recall working with it and finally giving up. Rob's a terrific guy, but I never was able to sort exactly how it is done.

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp