Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash builder 4 productivity issue

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are currently using flash builder 4.0.1 and I believe we are running into the source path issue :

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-27301

We have around twenty developers using flash builder on a large project and this issue is slowing us considerably.  We tried a few workarounds found on your forums but most of our tools need the path within the project to be defined as a source path.  The library path option with source attachment is not really an option with our current setup.

Is there any way to download a flash builder nightly build or get the fix within a patch?  (I can see that it was fixed in august and it is part of one of your milestone) 

We have someone in my company in contact with a rep but I don't think the adobe rep can answer that specific request. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have you tried using Flash Builder Burrito? You can use it with the 4.0.1 Flex SDK to minimize any other changes to your project and/or compiled code. I believe the fix is in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately, we cannot install the "burrito" preview since we are running into the issue with the installer failing because of our corporate network home drive setup (which we cannot change) :

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/684015?tstart=30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After further investigation, we found out that we were defining a few of our namespace by referencing directly the packages of our custom component instead of creating a clean namespace as recommended by the flex documentation.  Using the package definition works just fine when it is local but our component were located in a swc library.

We were doing this :

xmlns:foo="com.mCompany.controls.foo*"

instead of generating an xml manifest and basing our namespace on it

xmlns:foo="http://com.myCompany.controls/foo"

We think that flash builder was slowing down because each and every time we were loading up an mxml it had to rescan the said package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines