Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing XPJ FILE

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2006 Jun 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a missing xpj file and cannot open my project. Is there another way to open up the project or generate a new xpj file?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often when this question is posed, it is because the poster is looking at the output files rather than the source. Can you also see files and folders starting WH? If so, then you are looking at output.

Provided you are looking at the source, then you should be able to open the project via its HHP file. This topic is more about dealing with corrupt projects but it contains the information you need Click here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening the project using it's HHP file. If so, try this link on Peter Grainge's excellent site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't even locate the hpp file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I had a bit of finger trouble. I meant HHP file but I see that Peter was quicker off the mark than I was

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often when this question is posed, it is because the poster is looking at the output files rather than the source. Can you also see files and folders starting WH? If so, then you are looking at output.

I am looking at the out put. the source is with another colleague and he has left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only see the wh files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly suggest you do everything possible to retrieve the source from your departed colleague. If you don't have these you may be forced to create a new project and import each .HTM file and believe me that will be only the start of your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, thanks for the tips. This is the perfect time to grab lunch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum is right in telling you to do everything to retrieve those source files. Involve IT if needs be, what happened to the PC the source files were on?

If the files cannot be retrieved, then you need to visit RoboWizard's site. Click here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry guys,

was on lunch.

I have no clue where the source files are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really have no idea where the source file sare then the link Peter provided in his last post will get you going. That said, only go there if there is no other option. Even if YOU don't know where the source is, SOMEONE ELSE might. Ask around. Is there a backup somewhere? Identify which PC the previous writer used and look there. Heck I'd even ask Personnel for their phone number and ring them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Colum

LOL, I guess how successful this may be will largely depend upon the circumstances surrounding the departure of the former employee. I recall being suddenly without a job and in a unique position of being the only person that knew the password for the Visual Source Safe database. Not sure how that ever panned out in the end. I did receive a message about a week later from a former co-worker asking if I would divulge the password. I promptly advised her to go ask the manager that terminated me if she could supply it. After all, she deemed I was of no further value, so she probably had all the answers.

Cheers and thanks for the humorous memory recall... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp