• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix corrupt Webhelp? TOC moved over to the right.

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Webhelp output option is corrupt and I don't know how to fix it.  All other outputs work right but not the one I need.  I have tried deleting and creating a new Webhelp SSL but I get the same problem, the TOC is moved to the right about a half inch.

I tried to create a new blank project, blank topic, default css, default skin and run Webhelp and I still have the same problem.  I also viewed it in a different browser.

Do I need to uninstall RH?

Pink shows space, where it should be tight against the left side. Doesn't occur in Flash, or Webhelp pro or chm.

toc.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which RH version are you using?

What happens if you start a new project and create WebHelp output? Also, try the example projects.

When did the problem occur first? Have you changed the skin or one of the RH output files? There may be something in whthost.js, but before looking into that, it's best to make sure that it's not project related.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot is of that of the WebHelp Skin Editor, not the TOC from RH source or RH WebHelp output.

• Are you actually getting this indent in the source and output TOC's?
  • In the Navigation tab of the WebHelp Skin Editor, are the top three Images fields blank (indicating defaults in use), or has someone added different images that contain blank space to the left?
  • Is line 25 of the WebHelp output whthost.js (which Willam mentioned) reading var gsMargin="0pt";?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have unistalled RH8 and reinstalled it and I still get the same error.

The picture is from the Webhelp output, it does not look like that in my project.

I checked the gsMargin="0" and it is zero.

The odd thing is that I will create a new SSL for the webhelp and it will work several times and then it will stop working. I am experiencing the same strange error in all of my projects. Including the new blank project using all defaults including the skin that comes with RH. Also, I have tried other skins included with RH and they don't work either.

I do not get this error when I use WebHelp Pro, but it doesn't have the Publish feature which I need for SVN, so I can't use it.

I think I have a ghost in my machine.  There probably isn't a fix. Thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact it works but then suddenly stops make me think this is a resourcing issue. Have you tried using a different location (maybe on a local drive) and see if the same problem occurs.

BTW the WebHelp Pro output is designed to be used with the RoboHelp Server application. If you don't have this the publish option is not available. You can find out more about RoboHelp Server here.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am only using it on my local PC.  I just tried shutting down all programs and only running RH and I have the same error. Then I created a new build no more error.   Maybe something is gunking up my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp