Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do You Create chm files?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a newbie, can't you tell 😉

I generated my project using WebHelp, don't see any .chm files.  I made sure my Folder Options>Files and Folders>Hidden files and folders show hidden.

Are chm files automatically created when you generate your project or?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a CHM file, you'll have to generate your output slightly differently from WebHelp. If you look in your Single Source Layouts you'll see one called Microsoft HTML Help. This is the layout that creates a CHM file.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I generated at Microsoft HTML Help.  When I look up the properties for that single source, it shows my Output Folder and File Name as:

C:\Documents and Settings\dunnca\Desktop\Test\FoodShowApplicationUserGuide.chm

But I do not see the .chm file(s) in the above location????

Plus, I do not see the Glossary I had created that does show up when I generate the project as WebHelp.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, my bad, I found the .chm file.

But I'm still looking for suggestions on why my Glossary does not display when I generate my project as a Microsoft HtML Help.

The glossary displays when generated as WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to make sure it's turned on in your Window definition. I'm not sure which version of RH you are using, but it should be somewhere in your Project pod. Right-click on the window that is being used for the chm and select Properties and tick Glossary in the Tri-Pane Tabs and Windows section.

If you can't find it, post back with the exact version of RH you are using and someone with the correct version can provide exact details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You also need to ensure you have the HHACTIVEX.DLL file installed and registered in both your and your end users PCs.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp