Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4 plugin with eclipse 3.6

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Previously I have used the flash builder 4 plugin with Zend Studio 7.2 (eclipse 3.4) and it worked flawlessly.

I have now upgraded to Zend Studio 8.0 (eclipse 3.6) and the Flash Builder installer complains that the 'dropins' folder does not exist. I force the installation to continue, and as expected, Flash Builder did not integrate with Zend Studio.

Does anyone have any tips as to how I can get Flash Builder 4 working in eclipse 3.6?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say that you forced it forward, does that mean you created the Zend dropins folder manually before running the Plug-in Utility?

Or did you use some other means of forcing it?

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer had the option to continue even though the "dropins" folder did not exist. When it was installed, I saw that the installer created a "dropins" folder with a file that looked like a link to some Flash Builder components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem with my Zend Studio 8 - FB 4 installation (-> http://forums.adobe.com/message/3249865#3249865)

The steps there didn't helped resolving the issue but yes you are right the dropins folder doesn't exists in Zend Studio 8 and, if created manually or through the FB installer seems to be completely ignored.

There is now also a thread for this issue within the Zend-Forum, hopefully someone from Zend can help clearing some things up.
=> http://forums.zend.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=8424

--Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experimented with the latest Zend Studio 8 trials on both platforms yesterday, and it looks a little different depending on which platform you're using:

On OS X, because Zend Studio is now contained entirely within the app bundle, it's tricky navigating to the proper eclipse folder with our Plug-in Utility. As it turns out, the Zend dropins folder does exist if you look down low enough:

/Applications/Zend Studio.app/Contents/Resources/Java/dropins

When I typed that path into the Burrito Plug-in Utility manually, it found the dropins folder, and proceeded to install the link without complaint. However, the Zend dropins folder is not working properly on OS X either, as already found on Win, so it's not using the link.

On Win, Zend Studio 8 doesn't include the dropins folder in the first place, as noted earlier. Apparently, Zend doesn't have its dropins folder enabled on either Mac or Win.

To see if this problem is specific to dropin links, I downloaded the latest Orbit plugins from eclipse.org and tried adding those directly to the Zend dropins folder, instead of using a link. Zend doesn’t appear to recognize them either.

I'll check with our contact at Zend to see what happened.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys.

Hopefully a fix or a work around can be issued. Do we have an ETA as to how long it will take to resolve this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Are there any updates for this issue? Has anyone found any workarounds?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard back from our Zend Studio liaison today that Zend has confirmed this is a bug in ZS 8, with the dropins folder not enabled.

Also heard that they intend to fix it in an upcoming bug fix release, but we don't know yet when that will be released.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines