Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

units in paragraph settings

Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The units in my Style Sheet are not the same for different styles.

For example, my body style uses points for the indents and other settings, while my bullet style uses pixels.

I would think this would be a universal setting for the project  ..... but I can't find anywhere to set it or any info in the Help.

Anyone ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people prefer one unit, others another. Then with a succession of writers you get a mix. Probably worth standardising on whatever you prefer but you will need to do that style by style, there is no single place to set this. Same with other tools to the best of my knowledge.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but where do i change the units ?

currently for one style my font is set for pt and my indent is set for px.

units.png

whiel in another style they are both pts

units2.png

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd need to change the style in your style sheet (.css file) inside RoboHelp. You don't say which version of RoboHelp you have so if you can't find the file, let us know your version.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 8.

I don't see anything in the Style Sheet where you can change the units.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click on your .CSS file you'll get the window shown below. Just click on the relevant style and change the formatting as required.

Capture1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have a disconnect here.

I know how to modify a style. That is where I got my screen shots i attached.

How do I change the units for my indent from px to pts, so all of the units for my styles are consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peter suggested, you have to apply the unit manually in each style in your style sheet. There is no magic bullet to update the units in all the styles. You could use a find and replace tool outside RH to replace a unit with another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type in the field shown in the screenshots. I don't think you are limited to what is in the dropdown.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Peter's right. Sorry I see the disconnect now. You can enter "px", "pt", "%", "cm", "in" and "EN" to name but a few values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ahhhhh.

all set now.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp