Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spell check goes crazy

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 8.0.2.208

Suddenly my spell check is going crazy.  Lots of words are underlined even though they're spelled correctly, and there's no rhyme or reason to it.  For example, RH is saying the underlined words in the sentence below are misspelled:

To avoid compatibility issues during the installation, there is a mechanism   that checks if there are any adapters that require an upgrade.

I haven't changed any settings that would cause this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adobe, for removing formatting from my post 😛

The "misspelled" words were:

* compatibility

* adapters

* upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bueller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this limited to one project / topic? Where are the source files located?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran that sentence in a test topic and got no issues from the spell check.

Colum's suggestion about where the project is located might be spot on (local machine, yes...network, no).

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, guys.

The problem occurs in all topics in all projects on my local machine.

I have a Swedish keyboard, but my locale is English US, and I've been writing in this manner for 10 years without any problems until recently. Other programs, like MS Word, are not affected, so I believe it's a RH problem, and not any Windows Regional settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is bugging me here. Why is it only those three words that are showing as misspelled? Have you checked that your language setting hasn't been overwritten at the topic or paragraph level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything is English at the topic level too.

That was just a demo sentence.  Every topic is speckled with various "misspelled" words with no discernable pattern.

Here are other "misspelled" words for example:

• click (which is everywhere of course)
  • navigate

• chronicle

• redesigned

• routing
  • configure
  • filters
  • incoming

• scenario

...I could go on forever.

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird! Could there have been a Windows update that has interferred with RoboHelp in some way? Is there another RH installation there you could check? If not, maybe it is best to uninstall / reinstall. Before you do that though, have you checked the HTML to see if there is something there that is interfering with the spelling? For example a <p lang="xx">  tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or < body lang="xx" > tag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Nothing strange there.  This is occuring in all projects.  I even opened an old project I haven't touched in years, and I have the same problem.  I'm going to try to reinstall on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyoneknow where RH's dictionary file is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it is a shared dictionary used by other Adobe apps. Not sure and I don't know where it is offhand. Maybe knowing it is shared will help you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy just got crazier.

I finally decided to just add the "misspelled" words to the dictionary, so I could get back to writing. So I doubled-checked the spelling manually and added the words from one topic to the dictionary. Then I continued editing the topic, adding some text, nothing unusual.  But then all of a sudden, all I did was type a space, and *BAM* all the words I just added to the dictionary 2 minutes ago were marked as though they were misspelled again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try a non-Swedish keyboard?

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp