Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

data from one text field to another text field on the next page

Former Community Member

Hi all,

Hi I have a form, which has data coming in from the data binding, the thing is the data is mapped to a certain text field and if that text field is filled up it should be continued on to the other text field which is on the immediate page following it. the reason for using text field instead of  Subform and make it expandable is  the client does not want to change the position and structure of other fields following that field, they are o.k with the amount overflowed in to the next text field .

is there any script for the same condition in Java script or form calc.

Thanks in advance.

de1209

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

This is not as simple as it sounds. You will not be able to split the field up during the time of binding. The entire string must go into the field and only after it has completed the biinding can we change it around. A colleage of mine did this for an interactive field and it involved some pretty complicated code. Here is a link to her blog entry that describes what she did:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lcdesigner/2008/07/an_example_of_splitting_text_a.html

But that is only part of the problem.....once you split the information across two fields you will need to recombine it back into a single field so that the data that is submitted can represent it correctly again. So you will have to reverse the process in a presubmission step.

Make sense?

paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

This is not as simple as it sounds. You will not be able to split the field up during the time of binding. The entire string must go into the field and only after it has completed the biinding can we change it around. A colleage of mine did this for an interactive field and it involved some pretty complicated code. Here is a link to her blog entry that describes what she did:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lcdesigner/2008/07/an_example_of_splitting_text_a.html

But that is only part of the problem.....once you split the information across two fields you will need to recombine it back into a single field so that the data that is submitted can represent it correctly again. So you will have to reverse the process in a presubmission step.

Make sense?

paul

Former Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply Paul, it seems i need to work on the weekend .

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----