• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create hyperlinks in Acrobat 9 Pro?

Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to create hyperlinks from within Acrobat 9 Pro? If so, can you let me know how? I am having a hard time finding out how to do so.

Thank you in advance for your help:)

Christine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

highlight item to creat link from and, Click on item  in menu that looks like two links of chain. a menu should open up chose what type like you want, then fill in desired link info.

In Acrobat 8 and 9 you can also from adavnced menu click on create links and anything such as http:// will automatically become hot (active) link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

highlight item to creat link from and, Click on item  in menu that looks like two links of chain. a menu should open up chose what type like you want, then fill in desired link info.

In Acrobat 8 and 9 you can also from adavnced menu click on create links and anything such as http:// will automatically become hot (active) link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, WONDERFUL...thank you....THAT was easy:))

Cannot believe I missed that!

Yahoo....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help even if my spelling was cyptic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this from the advanced menu to make all hyperlinks work. All I got were boxes around my links that are not clikcable to the web page.

Now I cannot undo this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2010 Nov 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the item on the menu that looks like 2 links of a chain. Which menu and where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat 9, it's under: Tools > Advanced Editing > Link Tool

There's a corresponding Toolbar button when you show the Advanced Editing toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped. Thanks for the quick response. One more question. When I check the link the browswer that opens is Safari. Firefox is my default browser so how do I tell Acrobat Pro to open the link with Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your two suggestions and couldn't make any links. One issue is that I never saw anything in the Menu that looked like a chain or two links anywhere after highlighting the text. Another issue was there is no such thing as Advanced Menu anywhere that I can find. I have Acrobat 9 Pro or version 10.1.0.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Acrobat 9 it's under Tools - Advanced Editing - Link Tool

In Acrobat X it's under Tools - Content - Add or Edit Interactive Object - Link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines