• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Robohelp 5x compatable with Windows 7

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Robohelp 5x compatable with Windows 7 - what will happen if I upgrade to Windows 7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm running X5 on Windows 7 64 bit as follows:

Hopefully you aren't using the Home Premium version. That's the version that came with my PC. My first step in the process was to obtain Ultimate. Note that you could also accomplish this with the mid grade Professional version of Windows 7.

Next, you download and install the Microsoft Virtual Machine. Then the Windows XP Mode for the Virtual machine. Once you get those downloaded and installed, then you may install X5 in the XP Mode Virtual Machine. Note that you will also need to install the patches as well as the special EXE file that allows it to work without needing to activate.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Windows 7 professional - would the only way be to use virtual machine? I am trying to put a case together to get my company upgrade its Robohelp for the team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm by no means certain of this but look into Window 7 XP compatibility mode (Rick - is that the same thing you are talking about when you talk about Virtual machine? - If so is that not a Windows 7 Professional feature too?).

Have to say the upgrade is long overdue and you will get improved browser support. Not sure how easy you want to make it for the powers that be to turn this down.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak to RoboHelp 5x, but we've been recently running tests on several flavors of Windows 7 and Windows XP Professional 64-bit, and the results have not been encouraging.

In all instances, I can install, load and run RHHtml, but when I try to open a project from source control, RH can see the source control database, but is unable to open a connection. The only success we've had was with a Windows 7 32-bit VM.

XP 64 - no

XP 64 in XP 32 emulation mode - no

Win 7 - no

Win 7 in XP32 emulation mode - no

Win 7 32 bit VMware window - yes

XP -32 SP3 yes

Hope that helps some.

.MW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya

It is my understanding that Windows 7 Home Premium does not offer the ability to right-click an application shortcut and choose XP Compatibility mode within the shortcut properties as seen here:

tmp1.PNG

I believe that in order to see that tab, you must upgrade to Professional or Ultimate. That's why I chose to upgrade to Ultimate initially after obtaining the new PC.

Having said that, there is another feature that is a free download from Microsoft for users of Professional or Ultimate. That's the Windows Virtual machine. You may find that even though you choose Compatibility mode in the shortcut properties, it still doesn't allow your software to work properly. So you download and install the Windows Virtual Machine, then you download and install the Windows XP Mode. What this does is creates a virtual environment of Windows XP that opens and runs inside your Windows 7. Then you install the software into the environment and it should work.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I know about RoboHelp compatibility

32 BIT MACHINES

RoboHelp 8 and RoboSource Control are officially supported with the 32 bit version of Windows 7. If you have any problems, Technical Support will provide the same support as for other supported operating systems.

Earlier versions of RoboHelp may run on a 32 bit Windows 7 machine but are not supported.

64 BIT MACHINES

The position with 64 bit systems is that it is believed that RoboHelp 8 will work on a 64 bit system but it is not supported. Some issues have been reported with RoboSource Control using the 64 bit version of Windows 7.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2010 Nov 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Have you had any problems with the Insert Image dialog box being blank when running RH in XP Mode? I don't have all the details but I believe the dialog box opens okay, but is empty - I'll double-check details tomorrow, and maybe see if I can get a screenshot.

Edit:

Okay, managed to catch them on IM. Looks like a falling off the monitor issue rather than displaying but without any data and affecting other apps too. So might not be an XP Mode problem after all. Unfortunately my Alt+Space+M trick doesn't work on that dialog box.

Edit 2:

lol. okay, I should make a folder of all my posts. Doing a search I found a thread where I'd posted that Alt+Space+M does work in the Image dialog box. <snore> I'm going home to bed...

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp