• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot open .acsm files in Digital Editions 1.7.1.1085

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have downloaded an ebook in .acsm file but cannot open it in the latest version of Digital Editions. 

.acsm files are correctly associated with Digital Editions on my system (i'm running Visa)

when i try to add items to the library, the only allowed extensions are .pdf and .epub. 

hope someone can help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use "Add to Library", instead either

- double click on the file

- drag & drop the file on to ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that doesn't work.  I don't get any error message when I open the file, the text simply doesn't appear in Digital Editions. 

The Digital Editions icon for the file doesn't appear in the Windows Explorer folder, despite .acsm being correctly associated with DE.  Instead it displays the 'unknown file' icon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things may have gotten stuck.  I would suggest renaming your My Digital Editions\restore folder to restore2 (While ADE is closed).

Then restart ADE, and then drag & drop the .acsm file onto ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can solve the problem by drag & drop acsm-file on starticon of ADE on desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and renaming restore to restore2. It worked like a charm! I recommend trying this if u got the problem. BTW my version is 1.7.2.1131.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2009 Sep 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I'd try to open an acsm file, but nothing would happen in DE, no error message, nothing. I read somewhere that DE uses IE somehow, so I opened IE (I use Firefox typically), doubleclicked the acsm file, and it opened in DE no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. I use a Mac and when I drag the file into DE it doesn't add to my library or open the book. I'm currently running version 1.7.2.1131.

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have Mac and cannot open downloaded books into ADE. Have tried various methods seen here in forum, like click and drag ascm file in to ADE.Still doesn't work. This is very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.    After buying penguin ebook and downloading .acsm file could not open (actually download/open real book file) buy clicking on icon.   I reinstalled adobe reader and most recent edition of adobe digital editions on my older Mac (10.4.11).  Still nothing.   WHAT WORKED-  Draging .acsm file icon from my desktop to the icon for adobe digital editions on my toolbar (active/running).   Now I'm good to go.   Unusual for mac, but there it is.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response but I gave up. Turned out the Viewsonic ebook I was

using was defective and has since been taken off market. Bought a Kobo

ereader. It works like a charm and very easy to load books on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Been working on it for at least eight hours to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, waste of money and waste of time. ADE doesn't work in my PC (windows 8) no way to read e-pubs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please mention the exact problem that your facing.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried many times to open the urlinkascm files I bought from a ebookstore editor (epub format) but nothing

works. My pc doesn't have any problem and my connection is ok.

Thanks

message-erreur.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says the book that you are trying to download is expired.

For this error, you need to contact your library, and get a new download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, but I forgot to say that yesterday I also tried to download a file from your free library. Actually, I needed to be sure the problem didn't come

from my pc or from the ebookstore I bought the epub files from, anyway, when trying to open files I got the same window with the same message. I don't think

files on your library are expired ones too.

I selected France as region and  French as language, but I live in a french territory in the South Pacific, may this fact be a problem for reading epub files?

Is there any legal way to convert these urlinkascm files into pdf ones?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this error comes, when your date, time or timezone on your computer is not correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I've read about this somewhere in the web, so I changed my pc date and time for the date and time

of continental France but it didn't work either.

Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines