Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I repair an unusable FB4?

Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing Flex 3 projects into FlashBuilder 4 and working succesfully for a while - 30 minutes or so - FB4 gets into a bad state where it does not recover.  It starts to hang for minutes at a time, and is generally unresponsive.  If I restart FB4, it comes up with the error "Could not create the view: Could not initialize class com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog", leaving FB4 in an unusable state.

GlobalErrorLog3.PNG

I've seen the problem described at http://uicomponent.com/blog/?p=292 .  I tried the solution also described at that url, but it didn't work for me.  I also tried uninstalling then reinstalling FB4, but I end up with the  same problem.  How do I recover from this?

Here is a section in my FB4 log showing an exception...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-10-19 14:47:18.677
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3884)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3799)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3855)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3476)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlexBuilderApplication.start(FlexBuilderApplication.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.ActionScriptCore.getProject(ActionScriptCore.java:443)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.FlexProjectManager.getActionScriptOrFlexProject(FlexProjectManager.java:642)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.decorators.ActionScriptApplicationBasicDecorator.getActionScriptProject(ActionScriptApplicationBasicDecorator.java:123)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.decorators.ActionScriptApplicationBasicDecorator.getProjectDecoratedImage(ActionScriptApplicationBasicDecorator.java:172)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.editorcore.editor.CodeAndDesignEditor.getProjectDecoratedTitleImage(CodeAndDesignEditor.java:1288)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.editorcore.editor.CodeAndDesignEditor$5.run(CodeAndDesignEditor.java:1265)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
    ... 22 more

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regret to see FlashBuilder in such unfortuante situation. Did you try deleting (have a backup) the .metadata folder from your workspace location and then try starting FlashBuilder using -clean option? At instances, when the workspace messed up, Eclipse might fail in locating the bundles.

FlashBuilder.exe -clean

Please post your results after trying the above steps. Also, provide the .log file from the workspace/.metadata location after the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2010 Oct 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried clearing the metadata files.  That doesn't work.  FB4 may come up without the error, but with no projects.  If I add the projects back into my workspace, the whole cycle of problems occurs again.

If I create small test apps from scratch, FB4 works flawlessly.  The problem occurs only when I import my existing Flex Builder 3 projects.  So my guess is that I could probably fix the problem if I recreate all projects from scratch.  But we have a large project with 6 swcs and over a dozen swfs.  I was hoping I could just import my existing projects.

For what it's worth, I'm not trying to use version 4 sdk.  Just trying to use FB4 in sdk 3 mode.  I'd like to use FB4 for now if only because of the number of little things it adds like conditional breakpoints & type assist (statement completion), etc.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I have the same problem with my Flash Builder 4.6 in one workspace, if I change workspace it works fine.

If I clear the .metadata folder and import all project again it works fine, untill I restart the computer. Then it happens again, it is specific one project that gives me a problem when I improt it so I guess it is the sinner. If I delete it and create this project lib again fra versioning system it works (untill next rebot).

Error message in Package exploror:

Could not create the view: Could not initialize class com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.ActionScriptCore.getProject(ActionScriptCore.java:444)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.FlexProjectManager.getActionScriptOrFlexProject(FlexProjectManager.java:739)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.packageexplorer.content.FlexPackageExplorerContentManager.getSourceRoot(FlexPackageExplorerContentManager.java:642)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.packageexplorer.FlexPackageExplorerContentProvider.getWorkspaceRootChildren(FlexPackageExplorerContentProvider.java:152)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.packageexplorer.FlexPackageExplorerContentProvider.getChildren(FlexPackageExplorerContentProvider.java:80)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.packageexplorer.FlexPackageExplorerContentProvider.inputChanged(FlexPackageExplorerContentProvider.java:449)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:276)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1690)

at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator.createPartControl(ResourceNavigator.java:318)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.packageexplorer.FlexPackageExplorer.createPartControl(FlexPackageExplorer.java:306)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.java:375)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:229)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$ActivationList.setActive(WorkbenchPage.java:4317)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$18.runWithException(WorkbenchPage.java:3359)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4140)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3757)

at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$33.runWithException(Workbench.java:1595)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4140)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3757)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlashBuilderApplication.start(FlashBuilderApplication.java:108)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

Error message in code:

Could not open the editor: Editor could not be initialized.

Why is it there is so many bugs in flash builder. I seems like a really buggy program, and bug in previous version are not fixed in the newer versions. Maybe because it is build upon third party software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to replicate the issue

1. Create a new Flex Project (MyFlex) in FB4 using SDK 3.4.0

2. Create a new Library Project (MyLib) using SDK 3.4.0

Build the projects separately, and try to restart FB4.

Everything still looks fine at this stage....

1. Go to project properties of the newly created Library Project (MyLib)

2. In Flex Library Build Path, add SWF Folder and link to Flex Project (MyFlex) libs directory

3. Also, link output folder to Flex Project (MyFlex) libs directory.

Rebuild the 2 projects and restart FB4 again, and now u'll get the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I resolved the issue I was having.   If you are seeing the same behavior, try this out.

The problem was that FlashBuilder 4 could not handle the "path" property of libraryPathEntry tags in my .actionScripProperties file if the "path" was set to "libs".  When Flash Builder 4 sees this, it chokes badly.   My solution was to go through all my Flex Builder 3 projects' .actionScripProperties files and manually replaced this:

<libraryPathEntry kind="1" linkType="1" path="libs"/>

with this:

<libraryPathEntry kine="1" linkType="1" path="${myLibs}"/>

... or something like this.   I then added the library setting "${myLibs"} to Flash Builder 4, THEN imported the Flex Builder 3 projects.  Then At this point, everything went smoothly.  Strange that Flex Builder 3 uses the "libs" value, but Flash Builder 4 can not handle it.

-Ron.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me! Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried this:

http://uicomponent.com/blog/?p=292

but am still getting this in my log:

!SESSION 2011-02-14 11:27:31.720 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_16
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

This is a continuation of log file H:\FINALWORKSPACE\.metadata\.bak_0.log
Created Time: 2011-02-14 11:32:38.880

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 2 2011-02-14 11:32:38.880
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.ActionScriptCore.getProject(ActionScriptCore.java:443)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.ActionScriptCore.getAllProjects(ActionScriptCore.java:806)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.actionscript.ActionScriptCore.getAllProjects(ActionScriptCore.java:826)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel.common.CMFactory.preloadAllProjects(CMFactory.java:109)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel.common.CMFactory.getLockObject(CMFactory.java:82)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel.internal.project.EclipseProjectListener$ResourceChangeListener.resourceChanged(EclipseProjectListener.java:152)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$2.run(NotificationManager.java:291)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:285)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostChange(Workspace.java:313)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(Workspace.java:1022)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1809)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.FlexWorkspaceRunner.run(FlexWorkspaceRunner.java:61)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexBreakpoint.run(FlexBreakpoint.java:157)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.resetTransientMarkerAttributes(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:237)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.debug.breakpoints.FlexLineBreakpoint.setMarker(FlexLineBreakpoint.java:216)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.BreakpointManager.createBreakpoint(BreakpointManager.java:533)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.BreakpointManager.loadBreakpoints(BreakpointManager.java:267)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.BreakpointManager.initializeBreakpoints(BreakpointManager.java:434)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.BreakpointManager.getBreakpoints0(BreakpointManager.java:403)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.BreakpointManager.hasBreakpoints(BreakpointManager.java:879)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.actions.breakpoints.RemoveAllBreakpointsAction.isEnabled(RemoveAllBreakpointsAction.java:44)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.actions.AbstractRemoveAllActionDelegate.update(AbstractRemoveAllActionDelegate.java:100)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.actions.AbstractRemoveAllActionDelegate.init(AbstractRemoveAllActionDelegate.java:86)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.initDelegate(WWinPluginAction.java:189)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.createDelegate(PluginAction.java:125)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.selectionChanged(PluginAction.java:275)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.refreshSelection(WWinPluginAction.java:275)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.<init>(WWinPluginAction.java:121)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ActionDescriptor.createAction(ActionDescriptor.java:265)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ActionDescriptor.<init>(ActionDescriptor.java:176)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginActionSetBuilder.createActionDescriptor(PluginActionSetBuilder.java:141)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginActionBuilder.readElement(PluginActionBuilder.java:161)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.RegistryReader.readElements(RegistryReader.java:144)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.RegistryReader.readElementChildren(RegistryReader.java:133)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginActionBuilder.readElement(PluginActionBuilder.java:144)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.RegistryReader.readElements(RegistryReader.java:144)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginActionSetBuilder.readActionExtensions(PluginActionSetBuilder.java:268)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginActionSetBuilder.processActionSets(PluginActionSetBuilder.java:230)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ActionPresentation.setActionSets(ActionPresentation.java:184)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.updateActionSets(WorkbenchWindow.java:3234)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$27.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2985)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setActivePage(WorkbenchWindow.java:2946)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$21.runWithException(WorkbenchWindow.java:2263)
    at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$28.runWithException(Workbench.java:1384)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2316)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlexBuilderApplication.start(FlexBuilderApplication.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the problem seemed to be caused by the fact that a project I was importing was using a linked folder in the value of a libraryPathEntry.  The post above seems to imply that a reference to a path relative to the project (inside it) was the problem - though I can't tell where "libs" really is in the post above.

For example, I had set up a variable in FB/Eclipse named "TOOLS" that pointed to a folder external to my project, and then created a linked folder inside the project that used that variable.  ("File->New->Folder->Advanced->Linked Folder" in Eclipse)  This resulted in the following as part of my .project file:

<linkedResources>
        <link>
            <name>TOOLS</name>
            <type>2</type>
            <locationURI>TOOLS</locationURI>
        </link>
    </linkedResources>
    <variableList>
        <variable>
            <name>TOOLS</name>
            <value>file:/C:/somePathHere/tools</value>
        </variable>
    </variableList>

Then I used that folder to define a swc folder in the library path of my project, resulting in an entry like the following in my .actionScriptProperties file:

<libraryPathEntry kind="1" linkType="1" path="TOOLS/as3corelib/libs"/>

This all worked fine, until I migrated from FB4 to FB4.5.  To migrate, I had to use a new Eclipse workspace, and had to import my existing projects into the new workspace.  Importing a project with entries like above caused the errors mentioned in earlier posts.  I found that if I first removed the references to these linked folders from my .actionScriptProperties and .project files, the import worked fine.  Then, I had to re-create the linked folder, and add the library path swc folder back into the project manually from within FB - annoying, but not difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A follow-up to my previous post:

I have found that using a linked resource/folder for a swc folder or source folder in the build path of a Flex or Flex Library project just doesn't work.  When I originally set it up, it seems to work, but when I shutdown and re-start Eclipse/FB, or close and re-open the project, I run into the same problem again - FB can't open the project that uses the linked resource, and basically makes Eclipse/FB unusable.  The reported error is the one mentioned above several times: can't find class com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog, but I don't think that's a very accurate indication of the problem.  If I remove the linked resource, and instead use a hard-coded path to the folder, things are okay.

I use linked resources the same way in Java projects, with no problems.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2011 Sep 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

How are you exporting and importing project? Using FXP/ZIP or 'Import existing projects in workspace' option?

-Radhakrishna

Flash Builder team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use "Import existing project into workspace".

But if I import a project withOUT linked folders, and then add them, I still have the problem.  So I don't think it's related to how I imported the project, I think it's related to the use of linked folders.  But I'm open to suggestions.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines