• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rename files name

Jun 06, 2006 Jun 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am having a merged project, that contain several books that have the same topic name (for example: I have introduction topic on each book in the merged project), and the problem is that from theses pages clicking on any links wil transfer to the rigth place but when I am clicking on the back button I will get the place I was before on the right pane, but in the left pane (help tree) I am placed in another book

So what i am thinking to do is changing all the names of each HTML files (in each book separately) that will contain the book name, but now the projects does not recognize those files
How can I connect to the new name??

Thanks you all, and have anice day

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2006 Jun 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you renaming in Windows Explorer? Will not work, must be done via project.

Have you republished all projects?
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i changed the files name in the Windows Explorer,
How can i change all the files name via project ??

Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well first you are going to have to put them back to their original names in Windows Explorer so that the project recognises them.

Then in RH there are various ways. In Project Manager use View by File Name and click the file name. In the topics tab, right click the topic and select properties. Open the topic, right click over it and select properties.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, I allredy knows this option.
but the problem is that i have to change somthing like 150 files in each project ,
so it will take me alot of timeto do it manually (actually i used the multi- rename tool in the Total comander)
mabe you can recommend me another way to rename alot of files together ?? ( i just want to add to all of those files 3 letters)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total comander???

No easy solution that I can think of. Don't forget, that doing this will break cross project links.

I am surprised with what you found that the sync issue only occurs with CHM projects. Maybe better to focus on the problem than this solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Total Comander is an explorer tool .

Its work before becouse in each sepered book i dont have duplicity files, its happened only in the mereged project becouse each book in my mereged project contain several topics with the same file name (for example : "introduction.htm-- this file repeat on himself in each book suitability. and all the commands reapet on them in each separate book)

i dont know what to do
maybe you can direct me ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could. As I explained (to you?)in another thread, having more than one file with the same name in different projects does not cause the auto syncing of of the TOC to go wrong in webhelp. The failure of autosyncing in merged CHM help is your real problem.

My gut feel is your real problem is something to do with the merge set up and the duplicate file names is a red herring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK,
Thank you very much for your patience, supporting me

Bye have agreat day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp