Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I uninstall adobe reader 9 ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have a clue... I asked a question and all I get is other questions...

This things sucks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to remove adobe reader 9 from the add/remove programs utility.

I keep getting the message:

The installation source for this product is unavailable. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

I have administrator priveleges.

I tried deleting individual Adobe folders/files from the Program files but some access is denied.

Now I cannot install Adobe as I get the same error message.

Please inidcate specific steps I need to do.

ThanksScreenHunter_01 Apr. 21 17.16.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove all traces of reader from your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem but I have run the windows utility and still can neither remove nor reinstall adobe.  I was hoping to delete and start fresh with a new reinstall.  Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2010 Jun 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility is good but does not work in all circumstances. Try this: (Caution, this is not for the faint-hearted.)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/400/kb400769.html

It's the instructions for manually removing v8 but may be relevant. There are other links on this page that might also help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW TO UNINSTALL ADOBE READER 9 in WINDOWS 7

Go to START>MY COMPUTER>C: DRIVE>PROGRAM FILES (X86) "IF YOU HAVE 64BIT">ADOBE> READER 9> SELECT {AERDS-42323-...} "LIKE

THAT LOOK FOLDER" "LOL"> AND THEN CLICK ON "set up".              Your Done follow the instructions and it will uninstalled.

WORKED FOR ME..!! =]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To un install the Adobe reader 9 or evey any software from your computer, there are two ways to do.

1. You can click on Start then Settings Then Control Panel Then Ad Remove Programs, there you will see Adobe Reader 9 simply click it and an option of remove will apear. So click it and then click uninstall. It will automatically un install adobe reader 9 from your computer. You can remove or uninstall any software safely from your computer with this method.

2. Click on start then programs and there you will see an un install option on the specific software which you wants to un install. By the way this 2nd way maybe not used for Adobe reader, cause there is no uninstall option for this in the progrms meneu while installing. But you can uninstall it with the 1st method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem. Adobe reader 9 would not work and I tried without success to uninstall with the intention of reinstalling it. I tried the usual methods without success.

I then tried to find the original installation file using the Start, Search and "File or part of a File" and entered Adobe Reader. My Os is XP Pro.

I let the search run until it finished. It showed about 100 results, mostly small files, but included was a 42MB file named C;\System Volume\_restore........

I dobled clicked on this file and the Adobe Installer box appeared and Reader was reinstalled successfully.It tried to stop halfway through by showing the usual message about incorrect path but I kept clicking "next".

I am now enjoying using Adobe Reader again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2010 Nov 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using START menu, go to CONTROL Panel, Choose, How do I Unistall,

find Adobe reader 9 and uninstall. This should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2010 Nov 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you want to uninstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2010 Nov 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Start Menu: I am Windows Vista

Choose Start:

Choose: Control Panel and Enter

Brings up a list of items in Control Panel

Choose: Remove Programs and Enter

You will see an alphabetical list that comes up of all programs.

You will choose the version of Adobe Reader you want to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the usual method through Control Panel previously but it won't uninstall Adobe Reader. An error message shows that the path is incorrect.

There are many versions of Adobe Reader in the Adobe file in Programs. As a last resort I will manually delete all Reader version files in Programs, bur I am not sure what effect this will have on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surfer6 wrote:

As a last resort I will manually delete all Reader version files in Programs

That is not a good idea.  Better use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the corrupted installation.  It is no longer supported by Microsoft, but you can still download it from 3rd-party sites like http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2010 Dec 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did as you suggested and the Cleanup Utility got rid of all the trash on my PC including 5 updates of Reader..

I was then able to install Reader X. As you mentioned I had to replace a few Microsoft programs, like Google Earth and use Microsoft Update to download a few updates that had been uninstalled. Everything now is fine.

Many thanks for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines