Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trace("anything"); //Not working anymore

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm in development with my technical director.  My code was working fine and dandy.

Then he implements a "paperdoll" interface like torchlight.

He grumbled something about his trace commands no longer working in the project, or working randomly.

Now that I am interfacing with his code, my trace("stuff"); commands are not working either.

What are some possible things he did which nullify trace commands?

,Jim

PS: I still get type lag, it is worse now, sometimes taking up to 10 seconds long, while Flash Builder says Flash Builder(Not Responding).  I think it has to do with highlighting variables you're using, but I can't find a way to disable that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please see http://forums.adobe.com/message/3250526 and let us know if the same workaround works for you as well.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2010 Nov 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked through other posts.  One said to put in my compiler options: "-debug=true"  It solved the problem.

I'm not sure why it turned debug to false in my application.

My only guess(and it's just a guess) is that it was built with other sub projects who were built with "Export Release Build" which turns debug off.

So even though my main application was built into debug mode, the fact that the other builds were on -debug=false from "Export Release Build", their flags overrode the main project's flags.  Remember this is just a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm whether the debugger connects (i.e breakpoints work)?

If the debugger connects but still traces do not work, then my earlier post applies.

Otherwise it might indicate a bug which we still haven't caught.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I'm pretty sure breakpoints worked, but the traces weren't working.

I couldn't understand your previous post because it was too technical, but I do appreciate the willingness to help me through.  This is the 2nd or 3rd post of mine you replied to.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GoodNewsJim,

Good to know that breakpoints work, if you need trace()'s to start working again,

Simply try:

1. Toggling Window -> Enable Design view to disable design view.

2. Restarting Flash Builder

3. Doing a Project clean

That should bring back traces for good.

P.S: This is a known bug in the preview release - https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-27654

Cheers,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines