• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font is too small when compiling webhelp

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope someone can help as this is bugging me!!

recently upgraded from RH7 to RH8 and everytime I compile my help into Webhelp the font is really small - far too small to be able to read easily.

I have checked everything that i know of regarding the output settings to see if there is something that can be causing this but to no avail. Compiling as a CHM looks fine by the way.

I still have RH7 installed and i am trying to compare settings but I cannot find anything differnet really between the 2 (RH7 compiles fine in Webhelp format)

I have copied the compiled help and viewed it on other computers just to make sure that it is not just something i see but it still looks the same.

So far not been impressed with RH8 and am wondering why i bothered upgrading - especially as for some stupid reason when converting the help all my conditional text formatting got screwed up whereby it has placed rogue spacing before and after any conditional text. I now have the dull task of going over all my topics to delete the spaces!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font size is probably a css problem. Which text is displayed too small? In the TOC/Index/Buttons/Topics?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply.

All the text is smaller within the topic itself. Everything else looks fine.

I think you are correct about the css being at fault - I have a background colour for all topics which for some reason has not updated on all topics. For quite a few of my topics it is white.

Is there a simple fix for this? I was wondering about copying the CSS file from a backup version and replacing this one....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have topics with different backgrounds, check that they all have the same CSS file applied to them. Are there Master Pages on your topics? You could try copying in a backup CSS file but I doubt this would make any difference if it is exactly the same. Could you look inside the HTML for one of the topics and see if anything is amiss there.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have partially fixed it by changing the normal text size from x-small to small.

However this makes the designer taxt appear far to large and results in larger paragraph spacing in the compiled HTM which i guess i can fix but is not the desired solution. This has never happened during all the previous upgrades i have performed so it seems a bit odd that moving to RH8 has been such an issue.

I am using IE8 to view the compiled HTML - would this be an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Does your style sheet specify a standard font size? The value x-small is a relative value: measured by the font-size of the parent. If you have no standard font size, the browser will take it's own standard size. Can you share your style sheet so we can have a look?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp