• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Import Word Document Wizard cannot locate a supported version of Microsoft Word

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I'm currently evaluating RoboHelp HTML 8.0.2.208. I'd like to import an existing Word document to a fresh new RoboHelp project. Unfortunately, everytime I've got the message below:

"The Import Word Document Wizard cannot locate a supported version of Microsoft Word"

"Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer."

I tried with several Word 2003 and Word 2010 documents but with no success.

Could someone help me?

Thans by advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes! I almost forgot: I'm using Windows 7 pro x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the version the document was created in that matters. It's the version that Word wants to us. I'm guessing Word 2010 is the last one used on your PC. If so and if you have Word 2003 still installed, then run that and try again with RoboHelp.

Each time you change the version of Word you are using, it will do a little reinstall that takes less than a minute. Before running RoboHelp you need to make sure you run Word 2003 first.

RoboHelp 8 does not support Word 2010.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

I'll do a test as soon as I can find a MS Office 2003.

By the way, do you know if Adobe plans to support Office 2010 in a short future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe announce plans, sorry that doesn't happen. They announce what they have done.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I think it would probably be safe to assume that the next version will support Office 2010. I think logic alone can tell us that much.

The larger question would be to ask when that next version is likely to appear. And my own purely unscientific speculation will be to hold the envelope to my head like the great Johnny Carson did. I proclaim we will see a new version appear some time in 2011. As to whether that will be early or late 2011, only Adobe can actually say for certain. Or even if a version will appear during that year!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp